Smart Ideas!

sl1nkyminny

Just thought i would set up a thread so people can put their clever ideas here!

one of mine is instead of putting fruit in my bag and finding it rotting in the bottom of my handbag 3 weeks later because i forgot about it is to get one of the tubs that grapes come in preferably with a lid and then put all my fruit and veg in there i plan on eating at work all stays together! its also good for putting tubs of cottage cheese and veg stick in! and popping in your handbag!

any more easy living tips im sure will be much appreciated

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 96
Just thought i would set up a thread so people can put their clever ideas here!

one of mine is instead of putting fruit in my bag and finding it rotting in the bottom of my handbag 3 weeks later because i forgot about it is to get one of the tubs that grapes come in preferably with a lid and then put all my fruit and veg in there i plan on eating at work all stays together! its also good for putting tubs of cottage cheese and veg stick in! and popping in your handbag!

any more easy living tips im sure will be much appreciated

That is such a good idea!! Thanks for sharing :)

Have subscribed to this thread and will be keeping a close eye to see what other clever ideas people suggest.

i just shove my fruit in a lunch box when i go work, 4 or 5 pieces of fruit that I can just dib into in the day without have to pull out a bruised banana from my bag (can't stand bruised fruit), what I haven't eaten then goes back on the fruit bowl at the end of the day

I have an ikea box which I take out with me with food in it. it's so old I don't have a picture of it lol.

if you're going out and want milk as your hexa, put it in a flask and take it with you. I bought a "one green bottle" for sophie's lunch bag last year and I was so impressed with it that we now all have one for squash, each with a sport lid, and now and extra one of their baby bottle size for myself for milk(lactose intolerant) with a plain lid.
all of our bottles are factory seconds and you can't tell the difference, except that they're much cheaper.

so now I can measure out my 300ml of lactofree milk and take it out with me.... oh, and they're not all green. but my milk one is lol.

350ml_one_little_green_bottle_5_.jpg

And being stainless steel, if you accidentally forget about high juice fruit squash in the school bag over half term and you find it fermented on sunday night before your child returns to school, it doesn't absorb smells and you can just panel beat the bottom of the bottle back into place lol. and they don't leak; even if they are left to ferment (so long as you follow instructions on factory seconds, some can only use certain lids), and you can buy the lids separately, so we have a couple of spare lids as well.

being able to take my milk out was awesome last year, and now it's even more awesome since I started SW and have to measure my milk!

if you're the only one in your house who eats a certain type of bread, buy it and freeze it. it's great. make a sarnie with frozen bread in the morning and by lunchtime it should have defrosted, but will keep the filling cold. bread doesn't absorb or release water if you freeseit in a bag so no soggy sarnies ;)

Back