Smash: Amazing!

Sio

Bought a packet of Smash recently as I made Leek and Potato soup and forgot to put the potatoes in cause I was making dinner lol.

I put it into the leeks and it was lovely! I added it to stew as well and it really thickened it up. I normally finely dice potatoes as well as chucks but this worked so much better.

I also made hash browns by mixing with an egg when made up and frying.

Tonight was the big challenge. I sneakily put it on OH's plate (I did add butter) and he voluntarily said how light and fluffy they were.

Will definalty be buying it again, I hate peeling spuds, plus it and the buttery one are free!

Ooohh hash browns! How did you do them? what quantities did you use? x

Mmmmmmmmm i love smash do they still do the cheddar and onion one?
I'll definately put this on my shopping list for next week, thanks for reminding me :)

Is the buttery one free aswell then? Im not keen on it on its own its ok with gravy etc.Ive been using it for the smash pizza recipe on here...fab for a pizza fix!! and i made quiche with it as a base,it worked well...whoever dreamt up using smash as a pastry was mental but it does the trick for a syn free fix!!!!

Found the pizza recipe after I used the end of the packet! Definatley trying it out.

I think there is a proper hash browns recipe (old magazine I think, will take a look) where you grate raw potato, squeeze out the water, combine with egg and fry in the pan. Did this once and was far too much effort. Nice though.

Mine were leftover champ smash (enough for two) and an egg. It's easier to do cold as it stays together better. Fry in a pan a few minutes each sides. I did this before SW but with butter/oil.

Back