smear test results

kymsey

On a journey !
Hi ladies, I have had regular smears since 20 (now in my 40's) 6 months ago i received my results which said borderline changes which obviously caused panic. I was requested to go back for another one in 6 months which i did yesterday. Has anyone else had this experience, thanks x now awaiting results xx

My sister had this for about 3 smears in a row!! I shouldn't be worried about it, they're just being extra cautious.

*hugs*

My ex's sister had irregular smear tests every time she went, and she is now 33! Don't be too worried about it, as Alwyn says, they're being extra cautious. x

Ive been getting smears every 6 months for 4 or 5 yrs now, everytime borderline changes but not yet abnormal, has never changed. Im in my 20's!

Try not to worry-easier said than done i know

i had stage 5 abnormal cells and had loop diathermy, not painful , just zappa cancerious cells away, have to have smear every 6 months for 10 years tho

I had abnormal cells for quite a few smears and eventually they turned into CIN3 (pre-cancerous). Often they go back to being normal on their own but mine didn't.

I had a cone loop biopsy to get rid. It had to be done under general anesthetic as my cervix is in a funny place (on the side for some reason!!). First time they missed some bits so I had to have it done again a few months later.

My smears have been normal ever since and I am now back on 12 month intervals instead of 6 so I'd say its nowt to worry about but just make sure you get checked regularly so any further changes can be tracked and dealt with if nesser.

Hi everyone, i posted about my smear test about a week ago and got some very appreciated answers from you. However, am pleased to say that i received results in post to day and they came back negative, am sooooo relieved. I will have to have 6 monthly smears for a while to be safe but im so happy now and thanks again xxx

Sooooo pleased for you. What a relief and it is brilliant they are keeping an eye on you.

hugs xxx

Good news! I know how much of a relief this is having been there myself. You can get back to normal now and stop imagining the worst all the time!

Glad to hear you got the all clear!! xx

Back