• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

smear test results

kymsey

On a journey !
Hi ladies, I have had regular smears since 20 (now in my 40's) 6 months ago i received my results which said borderline changes which obviously caused panic. I was requested to go back for another one in 6 months which i did yesterday. Has anyone else had this experience, thanks x now awaiting results xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

alwyn

Silver Member
My sister had this for about 3 smears in a row!! I shouldn't be worried about it, they're just being extra cautious.

*hugs*

Tinytootz

Mini crazy cat lady
My ex's sister had irregular smear tests every time she went, and she is now 33! Don't be too worried about it, as Alwyn says, they're being extra cautious. x

Ive been getting smears every 6 months for 4 or 5 yrs now, everytime borderline changes but not yet abnormal, has never changed. Im in my 20's!

Try not to worry-easier said than done i know

i had stage 5 abnormal cells and had loop diathermy, not painful , just zappa cancerious cells away, have to have smear every 6 months for 10 years tho

After DS2 I had abnormal smear test and had to be tested every 6 months. After 3rd abnormal test I was sent to hospital to have them removed as a precaution. It was more embarassing than painful but have had normal results ever since.

I had abnormal cells for quite a few smears and eventually they turned into CIN3 (pre-cancerous). Often they go back to being normal on their own but mine didn't.

I had a cone loop biopsy to get rid. It had to be done under general anesthetic as my cervix is in a funny place (on the side for some reason!!). First time they missed some bits so I had to have it done again a few months later.

My smears have been normal ever since and I am now back on 12 month intervals instead of 6 so I'd say its nowt to worry about but just make sure you get checked regularly so any further changes can be tracked and dealt with if nesser.

Hi everyone, i posted about my smear test about a week ago and got some very appreciated answers from you. However, am pleased to say that i received results in post to day and they came back negative, am sooooo relieved. I will have to have 6 monthly smears for a while to be safe but im so happy now and thanks again xxx

Sooooo pleased for you. What a relief and it is brilliant they are keeping an eye on you.

hugs xxx

alwyn

Silver Member
Glad to hear you got the all clear!! xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World Off Topic 9
Nutrition, Health & Beauty 4
PCOS 1
Nutrition, Health & Beauty 32
Slimming World 51