Smint's New Diary

Smint

Am now post cat-related traumas (one injured and requiring major op, the other sadly passed away), post working away and post 2 week holiday, so need to get on with this plan

Monday - Original Day

Breakfast: Bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes + 250mls milk during day in drinks (HEA)

Lunch: Cheese sandwich (1 slice wholemeal bread from 800g loaf - HEB, 3 Babybel Light - HEA), apple

Dinner: Roast chicken, 198g new potatoes (HEB), carrots, green beans, mange tout

Syns: Gravy (2.5)

Water: 1.5 litres (well, squash)

Might have a Curly Wurly later

Sorry to read about your lil cats :) im starting SW tomorrow and will be doing red days so it's good to read your menu when's your weigh in days? x
Best of luck x

Thanks Danii :)

Weigh-in is on a Monday morning at home, so I'm hoping I'm off to a good start today. I tend to do mostly red days with the occasional green/EE as I find that works best for me (and I like the 2 HEAs and HEBs)

Good luck for tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing your menus xx

Thanks Danii :)

Weigh-in is on a Monday morning at home, so I'm hoping I'm off to a good start today. I tend to do mostly red days with the occasional green/EE as I find that works best for me (and I like the 2 HEAs and HEBs)

Good luck for tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing your menus xx
Thank you ive started a diary now.. :D im still confused about HEA/HEBs lol maybe next month i will give EE a bash x

I'm OK with the red/green days - I have to concentrate more if I do an EE day, but I've just got out some of the magazines, so am looking for inspiration, especially as I now get a fruit/veg box delivered which sometimes makes dinner interesting!

I do find keeping a food diary helps me - although mine seem really dull compared with some, so I'm trying to plan better and be a bit more adventurous

Tuesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB), 100g low fat yogurt (0.5 syns), blueberries, 125 mls semi-skimmed milk for drinks (1/2 HEA)

Lunch: Ratatouille (onions, tomatoes, courgettes, sweetcorn)

Dinner: Chinese sweet-and-sour pork (from the July Mag)* (1 syn + 2.5 syns for pineapple as I used tinned rather than fresh, so needed to syn it)

Snacks: Banana

Water: Only 0.5 litres at the moment - must top up!

Syns: 4 so far

Another 1/2 HEA to go, so might nibble on a bit of cheese later

* Found this quite salty, but very tasty. Next time will just add plain water rather than chicken stock, and perhaps reduce the soy sauce

Last edited:
Wednesday - original day

Breakfast: Porridge (HEB) made with milk from HEA

Lunch: Salt beef, steamed (well, microwaved) vegetables, large fruit salad

Dinner: Hunter's chicken made with syn-free BBQ sauce and topped with reduced fat cheddar (HEA), served with new potatoes (HEB), carrots, fine beans, mange tout

Snacks: Muller light yogurt

Syns: Errrr . . . don't think I actually had any! Was so full all day, didn't have room!

Last edited:
sorry to be a pain but could you give me the recepie for the sweet & sour? I haven't got the magazine but it sounds yummy! :D

Will do later, Cazran (am at work and mag is at home). Will also sort out the formatting in my earlier post as it's not letting me edit it!

Chinese sweet and sour pork

Serves 4, ready in about 25 minutes

Syns per serving: Extra Easy 1

500g pork loin steaks, cut into strips
1 large onion, thinly sliced1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
2 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
200g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 level tbsp cornflour
4 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp whie wine vinegar
4 tbsp light soy sauce
150mls chicken stock (I will use ust water next time as I found it a bit salty)
400g dried egg noodles
400g fresh pineapple cut into bite-sized pieces

1. Spray pork with Fry Light and season well. Add to hot wok/frying pan and stir fry for 5-6 minute or until cooked through. Transfer to plate and set aside

2. Spray pan with Fry Light and keep over high heat. Add vegetables and stir fry for 5-6 minutes. Return the pork to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes

3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix 2 tbsp water with the Chinese 5 spice, garlic, cornflour, tomato puree, white wine vinegar, soy sauce and stock. Add the mixture to the pan, stir and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened

4. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Remove the wok/frying pan from the heat and stir in the pineapple. Drain the noodles and divide into 4 servings

Last edited:
Gaaaah @ it removing all my carriage returns! Bloomin' work computer. Sorry, will try and fix the layout tonight as it won't let me edit

Thursday - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB) with 100g low fat yogurt (0.5 syns) and blueberries

Lunch: Chicken breast slices + 2 apples (didn't get a chance to leave the office!)

Dinner: Creamy chicken pasta (pasta, Philadeplhia Light - HEA, mange tout, green beans, asparagus, peas)

Splash of milk in 2 drinks - 1 syn

Large glass of wine - 8 syns

Total syns = 9.5

Last edited:
Friday - original day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB), 100g low fat yogurt (0.5 syns), banana

Lunch: Sliced roast beef, apple, Muller light yogurt

Dinner: Tesco Liver & bacon casserole (3 syns), leeks, cabbage

Snacks: Cake in the office :cry: (guessing at 8 syns), milk (HEA), 2 Alpen Light bars (HEB)

Total syns: 11.5ish so no wine for me tonight

Last edited:
Saturday - Original Day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB), 100g low fat yogurt (0.5 syns), banana, summer fruits

Lunch: Leftover chicken pasta (Philadelphia cheese = 1/3 HEA, 2 syns - peas + 5 syns - pasta)

Dinner: Leftover Hunter's chicken (cheese = 1/3 HEA), potatoes (HEB), carrots, broccoli

Snacks: Milk in drinks (1/3 HEA)

Syns: 7.5

Finishing up leftovers day, so I've had to estimate some of the syns/HEs

Sunday - Original Day

Brunch: Bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes

Snacks: Apple, apricots, milk in drinks (HEA), garlic sausage & salad sandwich (HEB for bread, 2 syns for garlic sausage, 1 syn for butter), 2 Alpen Light bars (HEB)

Dinner: Red pepper & butternut squash soup (was going to be roast chicken but we got back too late), strawberries from the garden and Mullerlight yogurt

Syns so far: 3

Last edited:
Monday - Original Day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB), milk (HEA), banana

Lunch: Butternut squash and red pepper soup

Dinner: Roast chicken, new potatoes (HEB), carrots, broccoli, gravy (2 syns)

Snacks: Apple, apricots, banana, 5 Minstrels (3.5 syns)

Syns so far: 5.5

Last edited:
Tuesday - Original Day

Breakfast: Porridge (HEA + HEB)

Lunch: Chicken breast slices, mixed veg, strawberries

Dinner: Pulled pork with syn-free BBQ sauce and peppers, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli

Snacks: Muller light yogurt

Syns: 6 lemon sherberts (9 syns) - I know these are high, but they're what I fancied!

Last edited:
Wednesday - Original Day

Breakfast: Porridge: HEA and HEB

Lunch: Butternut squash & red pepper soup, Muller liight yogurt

Dinner: Pork chops, new potatoes (HEB), spinach, mustard sauce (1 syn)

Snack: Apple, 1 Jimmy's free range sausage (to try it - not sure of syns, will see if I can find them but they were low fat)

Syns: Sausage! +1

Last edited:
Back