1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoked Mackerel...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by StaceyUK, 8 January 2009 Social URL.

1. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I bought some hot smoked mackerel from Waitrose which apparently is synned. I don't get it - it's just fish smoked in a smokehouse and I checked the ingredients and there is no added oil. Why would it be synned when smoked salmon is free???
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers
    As far as I know (and I'm by no means an expert so feel free to add corrections people) it's because when mackerel is smoked the brine mix that they use can contain sugars or oil depending on the method, that's what adds to the greasy almost sticky quality of the fillets. It's a different method to that used for trout or salmon so that's why they're free. I think the same type of things applies to smoked sardines as well, I know they're synned and have a similar texture to the mackerel. Hope that helps x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.