Smoked Salmon

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Fish, Salmon, smoked 28g
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 2 Syns
[/FONT]​

Oh crumbs, I had smoked mackerel yesterday - but didn't realise it was supposed to be synned, so I didn't syn it.

My week finished yesterday though and I had syns to spare so no harm done.

Thank you for pointing this out Jaylou. X

Donnie, I never realised until it was mentioned in group the other week. I don't eat it but OH does and I thought it was worth remembering.
I looked it up and it's a syn per 28g which is quite a lot really.

If you flake it into kedgeree it does go quite far though, I had 1.5 sys worth yesterday and it did give it a nice smoky flavour for the little you get. Didn't realise it had syns when I bought it and checked it when I got home - annoying!! So next time will do the kedgeree with smoked salmon instead so I can be a bit more generous!!

Donnie, I never realised until it was mentioned in group the other week. I don't eat it but OH does and I thought it was worth remembering.
I looked it up and it's a syn per 28g which is quite a lot really.

Thank you Jaylou, I had 2 fillets so in future I will syn them a 4 each, which is quite a lot.

But luckily it was at the end of my week and I had the syns to spare.

Smoked mackerel is naturally a very oily fish and when it is smoked the oil remains but the water is lost. It becomes heavy and oil laden. most things when they lose water became calorie dense (think of grapes. . .raisins etc)

Its soooo annoying because i love love love smoked mackerel! I have it from the tin instead in tomato sauce -lovely! Or mustard for only 1 syn!

Back