Smoothies?

Most smoothies, even home made attract a lot of syns because of blending fruit. If you want to make them I'd suggest using almond milk instead of normal milk. You get a lot more for your hex. A whole litre for unsweetened!!

It's a contentious one this @soshbfly

Blended veg, so your spinach and kale, will still be free.
Any fruit added should technically be synned. That's because of the high sugar content of fruit and how blending (and in fact cooking or pureeing) reduces the volume so it's less satisfying. It is much easier to blend and eat lots of fruit than eat it in its raw state so it's easy to over eat. Veg doesn't have the same problem which is why home made soup is also free but cooked fruit isn't.

However as I said its contentious. Personally i think, as long as you don't blend more than you would actually eat then it's a tweak and you can monitor your losses however if you are chucking in loads of extra fruit thinking its a good way to get it All in then that's a problem.

I know people who would disagree with me but I say each to their own!!

Very helpful - thanks!! I did search after reading this post & ur right... Many differing views on this. I only had 1cup of berries so not thinking this warrants a syn. That said, the most syns I've had per day is 3 so far.

Will check in with consultant on Monday & follow her lead. Want to do this as well as I can so plan to follow all the rules (regardless of whether they make sense or not )

Hi ladies, I have just started SW and want to use my nutribullet to make green speed food blasts.
Any tips on recipes soshbfly?
Emms x

Back