Snack-a-Jacks/Crisps/Snacks and Sweets!

Nini74

:help2:

Can someone please let me have some ideas of low syn crisps/snacks/pretzels or anything please???? I know that French Fries are 4 syns, which I'm very happy about - and ryvita minis are a healthy extra B, but what about snack-a-jacks, or any other low calorie/low fat snacks? TIA xxxx

And also Sweets!!! I miss Sweets!!! I gave up smoking 7 weeks ago and could really do with something sweet to munch on sometimes - any low syn recommendations??? please??? i would hate to resort back to smoking after having done so well, but am really finding it difficult giving up the sweets. I know i know - should chew on a carrot stick or munch on grapes -but I do all that already. i want sweets! lol xxxxx

Hiya well done on quitting smoking, crisp wise I usually go for tayto onion rings they are yummy, there are lots in the bag and for only 4 syns it's great! I find freezing curly wurlys and breaking them into tiny pieces are great for wen I want to have a chocolatey/sweet indulgence! A Freddo bar is 5syns also! Hope this helps a bit, if u search through the threads there are lots of recipes and syn values :)

Sugar free werthers originals are only half a Syn each.

Sugar free polos are 4 Syns for the "tube". It works out at roughly 1 Syn for every 6 polos.

Velvet crunch are only 4 Syns per bag and come in salt & vinegar, sweet chilli and cheddar & onion flavours.

"Tayto" Whisps are 5 Syns a bag and you get absolutely loads in! They are little crisps, have a similar texture to quavers but are little round disks (would be good for dipping). I found them in the poundshop, and they come in french onion or texan flavour.

First of all well done on stopping smoking. I've been stopped nearly 7 months. Read the allen carr book (he was a stop smoking sort of expert that had actually done it himself!!) And I used patches and never looked back. My apetite has actually lessened now I don't smoke, but there's a bit in that book that says the brain uses the same signals for 'I need a cig' and 'I need food' so no wonder I was an overweight smoker, my poor confused body!! I didn't use any sweet substitutes for cigarettes, but why don't you go for more superfree?? Think strawberries, melon and apple slices. Carrot and cucumber sticks. Loads of options there and good sugars!!
As for synned stuff I love velvet crunch. Salt and vinegar are my fave. And found that cadbury toffee crunch fingers are 5 syns for 4 fingers. Bought some at the pound shop

A mini Cadbury Flake is 2.5 Syns. Normally around 20p each. They're great for a chocolate fix

They're 4 syns!! A proper choc fix though. Asda/tesco do bags of mini choc treats, they have loads of favourites but mini ones and all about 4 to 5 syns each

Rochelle1 said:
First of all well done on stopping smoking. I've been stopped nearly 7 months. Read the allen carr book (he was a stop smoking sort of expert that had actually done it himself!!) And I used patches and never looked back. My apetite has actually lessened now I don't smoke, but there's a bit in that book that says the brain uses the same signals for 'I need a cig' and 'I need food' so no wonder I was an overweight smoker, my poor confused body!! I didn't use any sweet substitutes for cigarettes, but why don't you go for more superfree?? Think strawberries, melon and apple slices. Carrot and cucumber sticks. Loads of options there and good sugars!!
As for synned stuff I love velvet crunch. Salt and vinegar are my fave. And found that cadbury toffee crunch fingers are 5 syns for 4 fingers. Bought some at the pound shop

They're 4 syns!! A proper choc fix though. Asda/tesco do bags of mini choc treats, they have loads of favourites but mini ones and all about 4 to 5 syns each

The 99 flakes are definitely 2.5. They can be bought in packs of 16 for £1.99 from most supermarkets by the icecream flavoured sauces and cones and things

The 99 flakes are definitely 2.5. They can be bought in packs of 16 for £1.99 from most supermarkets by the icecream flavoured sauces and cones and things

i was thinking of the ones that are individually wrapped, they are in the new pick and mix boxes that asda have and are 20p each. theyre 80 calories so are 4 syns
. but do you mean the ones in a box? you can get boxes of 99 flakes maybe theyre smaller?

edit: just reread your posts, the first post says mini flakes around 20p each. then in your second post you say the boxed ones for 1.99. bit of a mix up? lol the ones that are 20p each are 4 syns x

Rochelle1 said:
i was thinking of the ones that are individually wrapped, they are in the new pick and mix boxes that asda have and are 20p each. theyre 80 calories so are 4 syns
. but do you mean the ones in a box? you can get boxes of 99 flakes maybe theyre smaller?

edit: just reread your posts, the first post says mini flakes around 20p each. then in your second post you say the boxed ones for 1.99. bit of a mix up? lol the ones that are 20p each are 4 syns x

I treat myself to one when I get my daughter an icecream and they're only 20p, I don't trust myself with a box of 16 but I imagine they're the same weight as the 16s box just in a large wholesale box. My local Tesco don't stock mini flakes, just milky way, bounty, snickers and mars

I treat myself to one when I get my daughter an icecream and they're only 20p, I don't trust myself with a box of 16 but I imagine they're the same weight as the 16s box just in a large wholesale box. My local Tesco don't stock mini flakes, just milky way, bounty, snickers and mars

Oh my asda do individual mini flakes/cadbury buttons/cadbury caramel and other things in pick and mix boxes. Also the flakes are in some of the fun size treats bags you can buy in the supermarkets.

I'm obsessed with skinny popcorn at the moment, it makes a great snack. You can find it in Sainsburys with the bags of sweets. The bags are pretty big and most flavours are either 5 or 6 syns. My favourites are wasabi, sweet 'n salty and just plain sea salt. They do chocolate flavour too but they are about double the calories sadly so not tried that one! :(

Ooh and low syn sweets - have you tried Sula? You can get them in Holland and Barrett. The fruit flavoured sweets are 0.5 syns for two and really nice. They kept me sane when I was packing up nicorette lozenges!

Thank you all! I'm off to Sainsbury's, Holland & Barrett and the Pound Shop!! xxxxx

Back