Snack ideas?

Re: the alpen light bars

I have to go running round all the big supermarkets to find them, tescos have the summer fruits, apple and sultana and choc orange but I could never find the choc and fudge ones. Got some today in Sainsburys (havn't set foot in there for over a year lol).

Im looking for more flavours of the options hot chocs too, only found the basic ones so am going to pop into asda soon and see what they have x

TazS said:
This is the time of the day where i'm killing time ahead of heading home at 5. I wont get back home to 7 (train commute) and i am starving.....snacked out all the fruit i had bought from home and theres only vending machines around :S

How can i stop the cravings and the hunger? i cant afford to use the syns now either as im going out to a leaving dinner and thats going to be hard enough to choose.

Suggestions? (by this time normally, i would have munched through a yorkie and kitkat :sigh: )

You sound like Me. I start to lose it around 3 pm. So I eat my fruit...and then I start to lose it a little later. If ur not getting home til 7 u must be psychotic for food! Here is my advice.

Bring drinks to work. Non alcoholic preferably. Lol. And lots of them! Sweet tea made with splenda usually helps my cravings loads. I just keep drinking. Water. Squash. Tea. Diet coke. Flavored herbal tea.

Then I mix in some baby carrots. Strawberries. An apple. A hard boiled egg. A small serving of savory rice. Yogurt.

I don't obviously consume ALL those things. But I just keep packing my lunch bag with superfree and something that is free that day. Ff cottage cheese and Turkey breast. I always eat my superfree and then eat free food if I'm not "satisfied". But buy a nice cup of decaf coffee or some tea for the ride home. Its relaxing and hits the spot. Make sure u wee beforehand though!!!

I make extra portions from my evening meals and take them in a lunch box for work.

Good snack options are:
SW Donner kebab slices
SW ham & onion tortilla
SW philli pasta
SW kfc drumsticks
SW tofu chocolate pudding
Slice of Britmums orange & almond cake

Most of the above can be eaten hot or cold and have low syn values and most importantly taste great!

flask of hot water ( filled at work before leaving if traveling by train etc.. ) and a sachet of couscous..
all you need to do is cover (or a little bit more ) the couscous with hot water and let it stand for 3-5 mins to absorb the water..
a teaspoon and a cup is all you'll need.. you can use the cup of the thermos..

ColJack said:
flask of hot water ( filled at work before leaving if traveling by train etc.. ) and a sachet of couscous..
all you need to do is cover (or a little bit more ) the couscous with hot water and let it stand for 3-5 mins to absorb the water..
a teaspoon and a cup is all you'll need.. you can use the cup of the thermos..

Interesting... And I like it!!

if you have one of those pre-packed salads from the supermarkets, they often come with a little fold up spork type thing that is convenient to keep in your purse / bag / glovebox etc..

Your favourite syn free snack

Mine is a lovely, crispy apple, sliced finely and dipped into toffee and apple yogurt. Just truly srumptious.

I've recently rediscovered my love for pickled onions, gherkins and beetroot! But I do love all my berries - always have some in the freezer and just defrost when I fancy some - I like to eat them when they're still a little bit hard - raspberries, blackberries, cherries, blueberries - yum, yum! xx

That is another one for me as well.......beetroot but it has to be fresh beetroot not pickled. Mixed with onion, celery and quark................

Pineapple! NOM NOM NOM

Close second has to be defrosted frozen berries with vanilla yogurt! :)

Yummy melon, I can eat a whole one by myself in one sitting....

Has to be fresh pineapple and mango. I take a portion to work with me everyday. It's so sweet...makes me forget about chocolate!

Crabsticks, can't believe they're free but trying to stay away becasue I can easily eat the whole pack in one go.

Also love pickled beetroot and onions. Anything pickled actually, but not eggs. That's just wrong.

Back