Snacker!! Am I doing it right?

parisienne

Hi everybody,
I've been doing SW for a couple of weeks now, so far its going alright but I'd appreciate someone taking a look over a typical day of my diet. I'm not sure if I'm snacking too much and not on the right things? I tend to use my syns for treats and try to eat free the rest of time (I do EE)

Today I had
Breakfast: Bran flakes HEXB, strawberries and blueberries, fat free yogurt, cup of tea 0.5 syns.
Snack - Mini milk 1.5 syns
Lunch - Jacket potato, baked beans, reduced fat cheese HEXA, cup of tea 0.5 syns.
Snack - Cube of chocolate 2.5 syns, WW yogurt.
Dinner - Kedgeree - haddock, rice, eggs, onion, peas - 1 syn

If I fancy afters I'll have a meringue nest, 2.5 syns, with fruit and a bit of yogurt.

So thats 8.5 syns, I usually go up to my 15 on little things here and there, or a glass of wine. Am I doing it right?

You need to make sure your meals are 1/3 superfree...your lunch contains no superfree and your dinner only onions.

Ideally you should snack primarily on superfree/free foods but that's something to look at later if your weightloss stops or slows xx

Dinner has peas in too? Going to add sweetcorn to the recipe then have a salad or boiled carrots on the side so I have the 1/3, you're definitely right about the jacket potato. I've been having homemade tomato soup some lunchtimes so thats pretty much totally superfree.

Peas and sweetcorn are not superfree foods.

Other than not having superfree with your lunch, it all looks fine.

Oh noo, why aren't peas or sweetcorn superfree, does anyone know? They're veg!! Crazy SW.

They may be veg but they are a starchy veg and a lot higher in calories than things like carrots and broccoli.
Peas and sweetcorn have only ever been free foods on a green day, not on red, for this reason they are only free on Extra Easy and not superfree.

They fall into the same category as parsnips and broad beans too, these are free and not superfree.

Who'da thunk it! I love parsnips too! Thanks for setting me right! :) I just presumed all veg except potatoes were SF so not been religiously checking my book, definitely should do that now!

Ah ya see, you've got to be reading that book! Another one to be wary of is avocado, so many people think they are free.... lots of syns in them.

Back