Snacking........

Mrs JJ

On the whole I am not doing to bad, I am still trying to get my head round healthy a and healthy b,

I am a snacker, don't have a habit of reaching for fruit.....so please help

I also have to train my brain and my belly that when I think I am hungry it's ok, I don't have to eat

Thanks

Wanting to slim

Don't want to go back to weight watchers but that is the one I understand

My healthy extras are usually snacks as I like to graze during the day - ryvita, cereal bars, nuts, dried fruit...depends what sort of breakfast you have though

I am also stuck for breakfasts, I am enjoying the freedom I get with the plan if I could only get used to a few things

Hey, I am also a snacker. I literally need to snack every couple of hours. Fairly new to the plan but what I've been doing is making sure I eat plenty of fruit/veg (snack on leftover cooked veg from dinners) or things like the fat free mugshots/baked beans/spaghetti loops. I've also made, in the last week and half, 2 pots of syn free soup that's went down a treat for mine and the bf's snacks. Or another good one is cold meat/pickles/beetroot etc if you like that, tasty snacks perfect for grazing.

Or why not make some dinners (chili, spaghetti bolognese, pastas etc) and freeze some portions? that way you've got a quick snack to hand if the hunger hits.
For breakfast, I'm pretty rigid with using my HeB - either 2 slices of wholemeal from a 400g loaf toasted with cut up banana or weighed porridge and use some of my measured HeA. I find I really REALLY need to keep my diary and write my Hex A/B as I could easily eat 6 slices of toast per day. Hence the size I am now :D :D

good luck!

ps - breakfasts I love my toast & banana or porridge then a muller light yogurt or some 0% greek with some berries.

In my job I am sat at my desk all day and I find because I have to concentrate a lot I get tired a lot, I am finding that when I feel tired I snack to keep me awake.

I do love my job but I have never had one that makes me feel so drained lol

I eat breakfast at work, I also worry that when I am snacking people at work will think that I am always eating!!!!!!!!

You could compromise a little and have every other snack as superfree?!

First snack of the day could be fruit, second snack Alpen bar (3 syns), third snack carrot sticks - you could even have syn free hummus with it (recipe in the magazine) and so on.

For treats I like I have handy something worth 5/6 syns like a pack of two Special K biscuit moments (5) or a bag of mini Oreos (6). I also really like the hoops and crosses crisps which are fab at only 4 syns!

I don't tend to snack much - I try to increase the superfree in my meals instead but that's OBT because I managed to break the habit. Nothing wrong with snacking though if its within syns hun.

I snack on things like ham or chicken pieces if I don't feel like fruit - works well for me :) x

Back