Snacks with kids in front of telly

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by The Maid, 5 June 2009 Social URL.

1. The Maid

The Maid Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    When I rent a DVD to see with the kids I usually make my delicious toffee popcorn to eat whilst watching. Thinking ahead now I am uncertain what I should have. When I go to the cinema I treat myself to a Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream little tub and use up all my syns on that. I don't like sugared or salted popcorn and I am on the Extra Easy plan. Anyone got suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. crimson_noir

crimson_noir Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.6%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Chop up some veg have with salsa dip - if you make it yourself that will be Syn free.
    Low cal jelly.
    Frozen Muller lites are a good ice cream substitute.
    Fruit salad
    Frozen grapes
    Smushed up frozen banana - also a good ice cream sub

4. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ben & Jerry's do the Chocolate Fudge Brownie in a low fat frozen yogurt too, and that is divine! It's 9 syns for 100g, as opposed to 12.5 syns for the ice cream version. So it's still a treat, but you can have it and not break the bank, syn-wise. It's my little indulgence at the moment and I love it!

Or, if you prefer, Morrison's have Skinny Cow ice cream lollies, Triple Choc and Mint Double Choc flavours, £1 for a box of three on special offer at the moment. They're 4.5 syns each.

5. sarah212

sarah212 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    How about bread sticks and some nutella to dip them in.

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

There's a recipe for "ice cream" in the new mag - mango, watermelon and banana.
    Basically you freeze the fruit chunks and then whizz up with natural yoghurt and sweetener and then freeze in a tub.
    I'm going to make this for those summer barbeques. It does sound lovely.

Other than that, I agree with the crudites and dips suggestions, keeps your hands and mouth busy and can be free or low syn!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.