1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Snacks with kids in front of telly

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by The Maid, 5 June 2009 Social URL.

1. The Maid

The Maid Full Member

Goal Weight:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    When I rent a DVD to see with the kids I usually make my delicious toffee popcorn to eat whilst watching. Thinking ahead now I am uncertain what I should have. When I go to the cinema I treat myself to a Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream little tub and use up all my syns on that. I don't like sugared or salted popcorn and I am on the Extra Easy plan. Anyone got suggestions?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. crimson_noir

crimson_noir Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and save
    Chop up some veg have with salsa dip - if you make it yourself that will be Syn free.
    Low cal jelly.
    Frozen Muller lites are a good ice cream substitute.
    Fruit salad
    Frozen grapes
    Smushed up frozen banana - also a good ice cream sub
  4. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Ben & Jerry's do the Chocolate Fudge Brownie in a low fat frozen yogurt too, and that is divine! It's 9 syns for 100g, as opposed to 12.5 syns for the ice cream version. So it's still a treat, but you can have it and not break the bank, syn-wise. It's my little indulgence at the moment and I love it!

Or, if you prefer, Morrison's have Skinny Cow ice cream lollies, Triple Choc and Mint Double Choc flavours, £1 for a box of three on special offer at the moment. They're 4.5 syns each.
  5. sarah212

sarah212 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    How about bread sticks and some nutella to dip them in.
  6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

There's a recipe for "ice cream" in the new mag - mango, watermelon and banana.
    Basically you freeze the fruit chunks and then whizz up with natural yoghurt and sweetener and then freeze in a tub.
    I'm going to make this for those summer barbeques. It does sound lovely.

Other than that, I agree with the crudites and dips suggestions, keeps your hands and mouth busy and can be free or low syn!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.