Extra Easy Snacks!

VerityB

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for snacks, don't mind using a few syns on them. I usually just have fruit but it really isn't doing the trick at the mo! Any low syn crisps maybe?

walkers french fries are fairly low syns think they are 5 syns

Asda Curls - like quavers - think they are 3.5 syns

I tend to avoid crisps as I found if I ate one packet I craved more

I tend to buy alpen lights double chocolate for fudge (3 syns each or 2 of them is a HEXB)

strawberries

melon

mullerlights

Olives, pickled onions, cherry toms with some cheese or ham & have them as a little tapas

If you take a look in the syn values sub-forum there is a lengthy sticky full of low syn treat ideas

mini milks 1 1/2 each
mikados 1/2 each
melba toast 1/2 per slice
alpen light fudge are amazing!! 2 x heb
i make falfel with yog and mint sauce free on ee
:gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi::gimi:

I love the Snack a Jacks caramel, 2.5 syns, and taste like pop corn from the Cinema.

Also, from reading this forum, Alpen apple and sultana bars, 3 syns, and they are just yummy!

I am more a savory person, so I don't want to eat the crisps, especially since I found the 2 above, I find I dont want crisps

Lisax

I am trying not to have snacks at all. I am trying to persuade myself that they are not necessary!

Wow - I'm not sure why you would want to do that. Are you never going to have a snack again? Personally I eat every three hours or so throughout the day, with snacks mid-morning, mid-afternoon and late-evening.

Cobra said:
I love the Snack a Jacks caramel, 2.5 syns, and taste like pop corn from the Cinema.

Also, from reading this forum, Alpen apple and sultana bars, 3 syns, and they are just yummy!

I am more a savory person, so I don't want to eat the crisps, especially since I found the 2 above, I find I dont want crisps

Lisax

Make sure they are the Alpen LIGHT bars tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow - I'm not sure why you would want to do that. Are you never going to have a snack again? Personally I eat every three hours or so throughout the day, with snacks mid-morning, mid-afternoon and late-evening.

I very much doubt if I will be able to do this, but it was a kind of experiment.

I was thinking back to when I was a child, a long time ago!, and we weren't allowed to eat anything at all between meals. We had our three meals a day, and an orange or an apple in the evening when we were listening to the radio. And it got me thinking how these days people never seem to be without food or drink in their hands, look around when you are out shopping. When I was a child eating in the street was considered really common, and we weren't allowed to do it at all, except for icecreams when we were on holiday.

I am not saying "good old days" or anything like that, and I may be old but I'm not an old fogey! But back when I was a child you hardly ever saw a fat person.

I very much doubt if I will be able to do this, but it was a kind of experiment.

I was thinking back to when I was a child, a long time ago!, and we weren't allowed to eat anything at all between meals. We had our three meals a day, and an orange or an apple in the evening when we were listening to the radio. And it got me thinking how these days people never seem to be without food or drink in their hands, look around when you are out shopping. When I was a child eating in the street was considered really common, and we weren't allowed to do it at all, except for icecreams when we were on holiday.

I am not saying "good old days" or anything like that, and I may be old but I'm not an old fogey! But back when I was a child you hardly ever saw a fat person.
So true that!

Well said! If it is only an hour or so to the next mealtime and I am hungry, I wait rather than eating something I don't really need. It is all too easy to snack through the day and whether free foods or not, the calories all count.

Back when I was a child you hardly ever saw a fat person.

That would be because they ate proper meals and were more active ;)

Unprocessed foods and more exercise. There's nothing wrong with snacking as long as you choose the right foods and are careful with the amounts.

Last edited:
I found white chocolate Mikados the other day 1/2 a syn each like the normal ones - can't tell you how excited i was!

That would be because they ate proper meals and were more active ;)

Unprocessed foods and more exercise. There's nothing wrong with snacking as long as you choose the right foods and are careful with the amounts.

Like I said, it is just an experiment I am trying, I am not saying anyone else should. And it's probably doomed to failure anyway!

Back