Snacks?

purplekylie22

When I go into the kitchen, I eat a gummy cola bottle... EVERYTIME I go into the kitchen!
What can I swap my cola bottle packet with that is healthy?

I wouldnt spend the time to clean the fruit or peel the veg... I need something I can just pick something up and pop straight in my mouth, a one-bite type thing

grapes are probably better for you than cola ?

seem to remember when at weight watchers they suggested you put a banana unpeeled in the freezer ?cant remember but presume it must be wrapped in something. no skin on. you could try cutting a banana and popping in freezer. ?

I would bin the cola bottles!! Be strong! In the bin!!

Mini rice crackers? Apple flavour in a Disney buzz light year light green bag.. Tescos.

A large sign on the bench!! Do you really need a cola bottle!! Instead have a glass of water!!

I would bin the cola bottles!! Be strong! In the bin!!

Mini rice crackers? Apple flavour in a Disney buzz light year light green bag.. Tescos.

A large sign on the bench!! Do you really need a cola bottle!! Instead have a glass of water!!

Oh gosh that means I have to have will power! lol Well I haven't had any today so I think when the kids come home after dinner I will let them eat the rest of them, then there wont be any to eat. There just so full of gummy goodness, gummy sweets are always a problem for me.

Grapes could work, banana could, but in general i don't like bananas. I bought pretzels. So I think I will mesure out a 30g portion and leave them in a bag on the side then i can have one each time and wont go over my limit, plus they are a lot less fatty than gummy sweets or roast chicken crisps.

I had a subway for lunch, it was really yummy. I only had a 6" :D And I didn't go to the chip shop right next to it to have chips with it. I'm very pleased with myself. It was really yum as I ate it too, I kind of forget how nice they are and think its just a normal sandwich... until I have one :)

gummy sweets aren't fatty, they are sugary ;) There is no fat in gummy sweets, but will make you fat becasue of the sugar :)

Fruit or sweets both sugar both make you far if you eat too much

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oops too quick to hit send.

Chop cucumber and carrots put into a plastic container in the fridge do you can grab them instead

toofatkat said:
Fruit or sweets both sugar both make you far if you eat too much

Well I'm gonna get fat! Bc I eat truck loads of fruit for breakfast lunch and snacks :s x

I need to get some fruit in have yet to do this weeks shopping so we are living out of whats left in the cupboard, which isnt ness the healthiest options. Might have to drag Hubby round TESCO tonight.
I find it hard with snacks as I'm a Savoury kinda girl, give me a cornish pastie and a bag of crisps over chocolate or sweets anyday. I like stodgy food, which is the stuff always full of calories!

No food, on its own, is bad for you (with the exception of trans-fats). Lots of foods can be bad for you if you eat them to excess.

A grape probably has less sugar than a cola bottle, and at least has the virtue of the odd vitamin and a bit of fibre. You can buy pre-chopped carrot sticks, if the 5 minutes it would take to prepare them every day or two is too much. (Is it, really? Is it reasonable to think you can overcome a serious weight problem without making some changes to your habits?)

Or..... you could try breaking the habit of popping something in your mouth every time you go in the kitchen. You're not eating enough to satisfy physical hunger, ergo that's not the reason you are doing it.

Barbara

Ah but Kirsty you do lots of exercise . Fruit sugars only become a problem if you eat a lot and don't burn of the fructose with exercise your body stores it as fat .

toofatkat said:
Ah but Kirsty you do lots of exercise . Fruit sugars only become a problem if you eat a lot and don't burn of the fructose with exercise your body stores it as fat .

Ah ok I'll be ok then - bc rather than having a salad for lunch I'll have a fruit salad instead done go much on salad whereas I love having a fruit salad! X

Back