Snacks

JoanPD

I thought I would just say hello and introduce myself, I have just started week 3 of the Dukan diet and have lost 7lb the first week :D and 1lb the second :confused:. I am a bit disappointed with the 1lb but never mind it is still going in the right direction.

Could I have some ideas what people snack on in between meals? I am not sure I am eating enough and I would like some ideas.

Joan

Hi Joan

Welcome!

I actually tend to find I snack less with Dukan than I have everyone in my life! But, if I do fancy a nibble it tends to be either oat bran muffins, hard boiled eggs or a lump of cooked meat (invariably chicken!) or a slice of smoked salmon straight out of the fridge! Fat free yoghurt is a useful standby too.

On a PV (protein and veg day) it can be all of the above plus a handful of cherry tomatoes or some carrots or pickled onions!!

Hope this helps.

P x

I'm the same as Pauline, don't snack anything like as much but it's a good idea to always have things available in the fridge for when you are peckish. Hard boiled eggs, cream cheese spread on beef slices and rolled up, yoghurt, oatbran muffin, SF jelly are my favourite. Ooh, and tofu dessert. Cold chicken is great, maybe with some curry powder/yoghurt sauce, mini quiches (I like mushroom, ham and tomato ones on a PV day). Stewed rhubarb.

CRABSTICKS!!! Lol.
Cottage cheese- straight out the tub!
Yoghurts (fat free of course!)

Thank you all for your replies, I now have a few ideas of what I can eat. :D

Yes, as a garnish on PP days (so don't have many) and unlimited on PV days. Check there's no added sugar though.

P x

Have just had a no fat jelly, yum yum just what I needed!! Thank you. x

Glad you have found something you like, check out the recipe thread theres so many really simple recipes to follow. Im not the greatest of cooks but im managing to find something i like and my family likes too!! Never spent so much time in the kitchen!! lol

The muffins and galettes are fab, i use vanilla flavouring, great for a mid morning snack with a coffee/tea.

Hi joan I haven't much to add the girls have said my snacks, boiled eggs, pulling chunks of chicken and if you keep up your water intake it takes the need for snacking away good luck x

Thank you all for your replies, I have upped my water intake and I do not seem to be so hungry, but I do now have my fat free jelly which gives me that sweetness that I was craving for.

It says fat free and low calorie, Carbs are 1.0g. Is this ok? Hope so having a couple a day :eek:

Morning Joan, the one you want is. Hartleys sugar free jelly, made up you can have 3/4 as a tollerated per day. Hope this helps. And hey if you haven't been using that or equivelent don't worry. Have a great Dukan day.....I love this diet x

mmmm jelly, made lemon and lime jelly and have been taking little pots of it to work to have after lunch.

Back