SNIFF ....!

sonkie

Gold Member
Has anyone else found themselves sniffing everything that there family eats, my kids look at me like im from a different planet as I sit there with my nose in there bag of crisps, Or there sandwich. I find that if I sniff long enough I am satisfied. My favourite thing to sniff is cadbury`s chocolate.

SONKIE (sniff sniff sorry I have my nose over a clemantine ) mmmmm
:p

OMG YES!! My daughter even disowned me at the cinema because I was lifting the perspex lids on all the pick'nmix and taking a mega whiff! lol

I sniff absolutely every food!! I love sniffing McDonalds... and salt n vinegar crisps... and shepherds pie... and chocolate donuts...I sniff food everywhere! lol No shame and NO gain!

I'm all in favour of sniffing food... it satisfies my cravings too sometimes.. so is definitely a thumbs up! AND... if anyone asks you can always tell a fib and say you lost your sense of smell for a while and are trying to get it back up to speed!! (well, I'm nowt if not inventive ;) )

Carry on sniffing!!! :D :D

sonkie
I did this all the way through sole source and I never went on to taste - the smelling satisfied my cravings!
You keep sniffing and you will be at goal in no time!
dogsniffing.gif

HEE HEE glad I`m not alone, it is amazing how not eating makes your sense of smell so sharp. I definately will not be giving up the sniffing lol, it does satisfy cravings.
sonkie

I've always been a bit nervous of sniffing too much. But have every now and again had a really good sniff of something and it seemed to satify me. I would still be a bit nervous of sniffing everything though. Just in case.

Dizzy x

Teehee. I couldn't sniff, but I did pretend to eat and it got me through many a tough time.

I would actually act out taking a bar of something, opening the packet carefully, taking a bit and chewing...working it around my mouth and savouring. A few bites more and I could convince myself I had eaten it so I didn't need anything else.

Cripes. Mad or what.:eek:

Wow I wouldn`t be able to do that it would have my mouth watering, but if it works for you keep it up, you cant knock anything if it stops you from giving in.

SONKIE

Wow I wouldn`t be able to do that it would have my mouth watering, but if it works for you keep it up, you cant knock anything if it stops you from giving in.

SONKIE

It's weird it worked for me. I was trained in a the art of "act as if" in a home once. It was considered therapy. You had to do repetitive tasks over and over again. In fact everything that happened you had to smile and pretend you wanted it that way.

Bloody annoying at the time, but I got quite good at it, and it's served me well :)

Reckoned that helped me believe I was really having it, though I suppose I could have just pretended that I didn't want the bloomin' thing in the first place, but that would have taken the fun out of it :D

Wonder if this sort of therapy still exists? Anyone heard of it? It was actually called "Act as if...."

Teehee. I couldn't sniff, but I did pretend to eat and it got me through many a tough time.

I would actually act out taking a bar of something, opening the packet carefully, taking a bit and chewing...working it around my mouth and savouring. A few bites more and I could convince myself I had eaten it so I didn't need anything else.

Cripes. Mad or what.:eek:

Then we are mad women together KD!!!!:D

Off to do a bit of roleplay with a Crunchie Bar...LOL:eek: ;)

I sniff, and then role play I am eating it LOL

You all must be masochists! I would rip the arm off the person standing next to me for a bite of a crunchie right now lol I really could not handle smelling the goods and not getting to eat them :0

Sonkie - what have your started!

Ok I admit it, I sniff too!

There, it's out in the open now, no going back!

Today my son made a cheese and ham toastie. I sniffed in the delicious aroma of toasted bread, cheese and ham. Then I have it back to him.

"Are you sure?" He asked with a sly grin. "Take it away." I replied decisively.

I will admit I ask my poor OH what he's had to eat whilst out, was it nice etc... lol but he knows full well I would snaffle it if he brought "it" into the house whatever "it" happens to be lol

Good for you AmandaJayne, thats some will power you have there!

alrighty, as it is confession time... I had a date with "Eric" and he took a swig of red wine and then kissed me so I could taste it! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It was yummy and I savoured the taste for ages! (good excuse for a long snog too!)... never been tempted to do that with food though - a bit too extreme... not a bliddy birdy up for regurgitated food! yukk! lol sorry.. rambling now...

Sniffing definitely definitely gets the thumbs up from me!! Works a treat.. satisfies the old cravings.. :D

See you all coming out now and you realise your`e not alone, so all us serial "SNIFFERS" carry on sniffing if it helps
BEST WISHES

Sonkie :D :D :D

sonkie...

I have resisted being anywhere near food until i read this post so i thought i'd try it out.

stood sniffing kevins sausage sandwich last night before handing it to him (got the oddest look lol) and it actually WAS satisfying just having a good whiff.

So tried this again today before he went to work and this time he was having a big tuna/mayo salad sarnie. good god i nearly shoved it in my mouth! I think he knew it too cos he kinda was holding onto it very tight and resting back on one foot just incase he had to run quickly. he wouldnt let it get toooo near my nose either lol.

ooooo I have just made my son cheese toasties, the smell is lovely but by the time i had finished sniffing it,it had gone cold ....lol,he wasnt too pleased so I wacked it in microwave, shhhhhh dont tell him !

SONKIE:rolleyes:

Back