Snoops last chance saloon!

goldiesnoops

Hi there whoever may be reading this! I have just joined this forum today and plan on joining SW proper on Saturday, but starting to follow the plan now. I've done SW before so know how it goes but not sure I could stick to it alone without the meetings.

Anyway, I've tried everything before and think that SW suits me best, and so with a big wedding and bridesmaid duties on the horizon I think its about time to take stock and sort it out once and for all.

Ive struggled with my weight for years, but having kids really made it creep up and being asked if I was pregnant the other day really made me think I have got to sort it out! I'm fed up being the one always on a diet, the fat friend and the person who hides from getting her photo taken!

I enjoy exercise a lot (not as much as cake mind you) so I'm quite active, I just seem to enjoy offsetting it with snacking on rubbish and enjoying a cider or a glass of wine (bottle) a bit too much.

Anyway, although this diary is to help me with my journey, I don't plan on it being only about weight loss, I'll probably chat about me and my family a bit too. I have three kids aged 4, 8 and 10 and am married. I'm a full time uni student and love snooker, the outdoors, reading and music (rock and alternative).

I'm hoping I might make some friends on here too so please say hello!

Snoops x

Well day 1 (yesterday) went quite well, apart from an accidental ice lolly!

Breakfast was fruit with a dollop of vanilla quark (1)
Lunch was pasta, egg and mixed veg salad with plain quark dressing and a Fab ice lolly (4.5)
Dinner was quorn chilli with baked potato and low fat cottage cheese (0)
Also had the accidental ice lolly which was a mint feast and something like 12 syns I think - I will know for next time!
Supper: shreddies with SW milk and sweetener think that'd have used up my hexa and hexbs

Syns: 17.5 approx
Hexa: 2
Hexb: 2

Breakfast today is scrambled eggs and 2 bits of wholemeal toast which i think are 1 or 2 hexbs? Could someone let me know?

Should probably say I'll be doing green days

Last edited:
Breakfast today is scrambled eggs and 2 bits of wholemeal toast which i think are 1 or 2 hexbs? Could someone let me know?

2 hexb for my toast this morning
Lunch: leftover pasta salad from yesterday, followed with pears and vanilla quark (1)
Snack: nectarine and handful of mini marshmallows (3)
Dinner: leftover quorn chilli with rice and a couple of bits a of garlic bread, not sure of the syns so going to be safe and say 8 (8)
Snack: chocolate mousse made with fat free Greek yogurt and hot choc powder (2)

Syns: 14
Hexb: 2
Hexa: 0

Feeling good today, wanted to go for a big hike with the kids but eldest son went to his friends so had a day at home - maybe tomorrow! Instead spent the day doing loads of washing and getting them hung up in the sun, exciting!:rolleyes:

Oh and please if anyone sees me getting my hex's and syns wrong please correct me, its been a couple of years and I'm going off my memory and what I'm able to Google (which nearly always ends up back on this site for the answer!)

Oops, after a good day my dh brought home some galaxy counters to watch the apprentice final, not his fault as I've told him I'm rejoining SW soon but not that I've started following the plan from home now - might have eaten more than I should and a bit too scared to look at the syns. Anyway, line drawn under it and back on plan today.

Breakfast was 2 x slices toast (2 hexb) with spread (2 syns guesstimate)
Lunch: roast veg couscous (2.5) with salad and boiled eggs
Dinner:

Snacks: 1 mini fruit/frozen yogurt ice lolly (2)

The hike with kids is again on hold as the eldest two are away galavanting so me and shorty have been watching films and trying to keep cool after a morning playing in the sun. Still determined to do it this week, maybe tomorrow!

Oooo what bands are you into, i'm a classic rock/metal/punk/pop punk...general rock fan haha though i basically listen to everything. Love to read to, own WAY to many books!

Oooo what bands are you into, i'm a classic rock/metal/punk/pop punk...general rock fan haha though i basically listen to everything. Love to read to, own WAY to many books!

Hi ally, some bands I like therapy?, terrorvisio , foo fighters, pendulum, prodigy, ratm...stuff like that, quite eclectic. I like bands like Haim, marina and the diamonds and old stuff like GnR, Fleetwood Mac etc. Almost anything! What about you? Last band I saw live was Andy cairns acoustic tour, it was awesome :)
I study English lit at uni so have had a few too many years of reading being a chore however am doing english language as my honours course so can now enjoy fiction in peace without having to analyse every word! So I've spent most of summer reading trash haha!

Re: Snoops last chance saloon

Breakfast was 2 x slices toast (2 hexb) with spread (2 syns guesstimate)
Lunch: roast veg couscous (2.5) with salad and boiled eggs
Dinner:

Snacks: 1 mini fruit/frozen yogurt ice lolly (2)
Dinner: egg fried rice
Pudding: sf jelly and frozen raspberry blancmange (orange sf jelly sachet, spoon of fat free Greek yogurt, and handful frozen raspberries), website I got it from said 1/2 syn for whole thing although I've only had half I'll say (1/2 syn) just to be safe.

7 syns
2 x hexb
0 x hexa (although maybe the Greek yogurt would come under this)

Really not snacked today as its been so warm, my dinner portion was tiny too. Worried about snacking later as so far the evenings have been the difficult time for me. Really looking forward to joining group this weekend hopefully as then I can check my syns properly.

Last edited:
About to go to bed and have resisted any evening snacking, hoorah! Cup of tea had' so that's a hexa I spose (can't remember them at all). Good night! :beer:

Ha a very busy weekend and have been slightly off plan, food has been okay but there has been alcohol. However weighed myself at my parents yesterday (the scales I used in the past so for consistency) and I have lost about a kilo/2lbs this week, so happy with that!

Completely forgot to join up on Saturday, so will go join up next weekend!

Honestly, I've been **** the past couple of days! Back on track today though, I know weekends are going to be hard - I'm sure they are for everyone.

Food diary
B: scrambled eggs, fried tomatoes and 2 x quorn sausages
L: egg and veg fried rice
D: 2 x quorn burgers with tomatoes and onions and cheese slices on 2x small burger rolls. I am hoping the fact I had all my syns left bu dinner and hadn't used my hex's today will cover the rolls!

Back