Snoring

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by hunca, 20 May 2008 Social URL.

1. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Does anyone else have a snoring problem? My hubby says that some nights the noise is so unbearable he has to take himself off to the spareroom. The thing is it's not everynight. Please somebody tell me that when I lose weight that the snoring should stop. I am particularly noisy if I've been drinking loads of Diet coke hence the switch to water.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hunca my ex husband is 20+ stones and his snoring is unbearable, but whenever he lost weight in the past the problem did get better, so there is hope for you zzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Sometimes it can be due to excess weight but it can also be due to nasal problems. If it's really bad try breatheright nasal strips or sometimes lying in a different possition will do the trick

5. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Hey hun I am exactly the same my other half said when I was at my biggest my snoring was really bad. Even my brother who stays over occasionally who sleeps downstairs on the sofa said he could hear me from downstairs. Apparently it has got better but still bad. I am hoping by the time I get to target it will be a whole lot better if not gone completely.

6. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Heres hoping. I can't say it bothers me I have a great nights sleep lol.

7. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Snoring is weird, my boyfriend is built like a brick **** house but doesn't make a sound??! I snore if I'm drunk or I have a cold x

8. Force Ten

Force Ten Serial Dieter

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Apparently my snoring is absolutely terrible. If I'm going on holiday and have to share a room with a friend, I always take earplugs for them! My ENT doctor said if I lose the weight it should get a lot better (I suffer from sleep apnoea as well).

9. ang

ang Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    my husband snores and he is quite slim but its worse when he has had a drink xxx

10. Taronga Leela

Taronga Leela Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Both my husband and I are large and we both snore heaps. It's worse when I have bad allergies and am really snuffly, but my husband is a mental snorer and keeps me awake most nights :(

I hope it'll settle a bit once he's lost some weight.

11. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Lol I am asleep as soon as I hit the pillow and sleep like a baby. I cant help it if others are light sleepers.:rolleyes::D

12. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

try to avoid cheese and milk in the evening... i find if i eat cheese before bed a snore like a freight train. dairy can cause more mucus.

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  14. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats is so true of me too. Asleep within seconds.

15. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    My housemate regularly wakes me up with his snoring, even though he's in another bedroom on the opposite side of the house!

Apparently sleeping on your side means it's not as bad as it usually occurs when you're lying on your back and the weight of your neck affects the air passage - not saying anyone has particularly big necks, it's just what i saw on TV once!!!

16. hotstuff

hotstuff Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes I have to admit I snore really badly. I even sometimes wake myself up! People can hear me all over the house even downstairs. When I go away with my mates they have to draw lots to see who shares with me! I should also mention that I also fart, laugh, cry and talk in my sleep also, I'm such a nice girl!!!

I am not aware that I do any of these things until the following morning!!!!

Having said all that I haven't woken myself up in ages so maybe it has improved but as I sleep by myself it's hard to know!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.