Snow!!! What if...?

Not too bad here, but I wondered what we are supposed to do if we (or our LLC) can't hold the meeting because of the weather. What do we do about packs? If there's a day or two and we've run out (e.g., it's my meeting today so I have 3 soups left) what's the best way to handle it? Just have fluids and take a vitamin pill?
Any ideas?
(BTW we are as a nation completely useless when we have weather aren't we? The whole infrastructure collapses!)

I was thinking this too, only got back on track feeling really panicky about it all x

This is why i buy two weeks worth at a time, but not to worry guys I do have the solution and its this website here for a lady who supplies VLCD packs, she is the main distributor for CD in scotland, the packs contents are the same as LL as i have them and tried them. They just come in different sachets

A Liter You - Making you feel better about your self.

In case you are desperate you can order off the net.

What are we allowed off there then? The same amount of packs etc?

any of the packs they are all the same cal content as ours, they are basically what CD has and its ok to take, Email her she is a lovely lady who can explain it.

Only have packs though dont go crazy on muffins and things lol

So just shakes no bars? x

What about soups, oatmeal etc? Sorry just wanting to make sure i get it right lol x

What about soups, oatmeal etc? Sorry just wanting to make sure i get it right lol x

Hi Yummy only shakes in this instance and soups too, they will keep you in ketosis which is what you want until you get your packs from LLC, email her and ask for more details she is very helpful. Dont go for bars or anything else only liquid as im not sure about those :)

I'm a CDC living very rurally and yes, i'm snowed in this week :sigh:

When I have to cancel my classes, I call round everyone and see what they need to keep them going :D In fact, thats my next job today....

I'd suggest that you contact your LLC in the first instance as no doubt they can get some emergency supplies out to you. If they can't, at least you asked!

I would have thought the Atkins bars may be an idea. Check the carbs and cals though. Its not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but I guess it will be safer than reverting to food.
They can be found at some supermarkets.

The one good thing about the snow is that i have bagged a day off work.:p

I'm a CDC living very rurally and yes, i'm snowed in this week :sigh:

When I have to cancel my classes, I call round everyone and see what they need to keep them going :D In fact, thats my next job today....

I'd suggest that you contact your LLC in the first instance as no doubt they can get some emergency supplies out to you. If they can't, at least you asked!

If you are reliable in thier eyes theyt may post it out to you and you can pay later, but it may be asking to much with the snow etc.

But yeah you are right its another option.

Ok thanks guys.

I have some CS packs from before Xmas, but they're much higher carb than LL so they'd be a last resort.
I'll phone my LLC later (meeting's not until 8pm) to see what's happening.

If this happened to me, in all honesty, I'd use it to test myself and have a day, 2 days, week, whatever it took until the next meeting/getting packs from LLC to eat 'normally', to see what I've learnt so far, if I could stick to my own plan using willpower/new mental attitude etc. then just go back to the packs once I had them again.

But then I'm certain that I could just get back on it if I needed too, so I'm in the minority here and I'm guessing most people wouldn't want to "lapse" in that way :eek:

siim

It's not that we couldn't do better. It all comes down to money and the risk of this happening in our country is very low, so it's cheaper for the country to deal with the problems occasionally than be prepared for them every time.
I used to feel the same way until I worked at Gatwick airport for 13 years.
Passengers used to get very cross with us and ask how long the snow would last, when would the runway re-open and get very cross when they were delayed.
Ho hum, got to take it out on someone I suppose.
I hope you are not without packs too long everyone.

Im sure you could contact the head office and explain the situation, they should allow you to visit another local LLC just for packs it may be more convenient, in fact just call them around your area im sure thy will help and do something that suits you

just for future reference, I live about 30 miles from my LLC, so it case of emergency I bought a couple of days extra supply to keep me going, thank goodness as my meeting tonight has been cancelled and I would have run out. Sorry I know this doesn't help this time but you could be prepared for the next blizzard, heaven forbid!

Um well H the trouble is this is rural North Wales, not a metropolis! The next nearest LLC is 50 miles away!
Anyway, I've texted my LLC and she says the meeting is on, so off for a slow careful drive now.

That's good. Good luck for WI then!

careful with the weather Thin its bad out there, i dare not drive in it and my WI is tomorrow, so it looks like another 2 week interval for me.

drive carefully!
good luck with weigh in
daisy x

Back