Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

differentusername

Getting married in July!!
Hi everyone. I hope u r all enjoying the snow and that the roads arent too bad wherever u are!! Drive carefully and keep an eye on our elder people. Hope yous r enjoying it and its not effecting u too badly. It makes everything so so beautiful!! Its getting christmasy. Woho!!!

We haven't had the snow yet different... I agree, it looks lovely, but can be really treacherous.. I hope it snows when i don't need to go out!!! lol x x

Bah humbug...........I hate the darned white stuff. I work in Maintenance and its our busiest time of the year, thats when I can get out to get to work. Last night they had to send a 4x4 for me, to take me to work. I managed to drive myself tonight. Thank goodness I have 4 days off and I hope the sun shines every minute of the day and there is NO MORE snow..........lol, dont mean to sound mean, but I really do hate it and I have such a fear of driving in it.

Hope everyone else is warm and safe.

Bah humbug...........I hate the darned white stuff. I work in Maintenance and its our busiest time of the year, thats when I can get out to get to work. Last night they had to send a 4x4 for me, to take me to work. I managed to drive myself tonight. Thank goodness I have 4 days off and I hope the sun shines every minute of the day and there is NO MORE snow..........lol, dont mean to sound mean, but I really do hate it and I have such a fear of driving in it.

Hope everyone else is warm and safe.

Lol Mary.. Is it highway maintenance that you work in?
I will have to ring my local council tomorrow to see if they are going to grit anywhere in my area, because i am in a dip and the only way out of here is up one hill or another, yet they never seem to grit, and i am not having my kids off of school and college-they will drive me mad!!! lol

I hope you have a lovely relaxing few days, and the snow holds off for you x x

Hi mary and su.

Ur not alone mary a lot of people hate it, especially when it comes to driving!!! Im very lucky in that i dont drive and i have very few things that i actually need to go out in it for so im very lucky that way!! I love the look of it and the sound of stepping in it. So far we only have about 2 or 3 inches where i am and it looks like its stopped now for the night. The road men gretted the roads earlier too so we should b ok for tomorrow. I imagine it'll get worse over the coming weeks though.

What is the weather like where u r??

Ps su i left u a msg over on d main page that may b usefull. X

Yes I work for the Highways, I have been here six years and last winter and the early start of this winter is the worst since I have been here. My Street got gritted today (nothing to do with me) but I took one of the company cars home this morning, so I have used that again to come to work tonight, so my poor Hubby has to wake up at 5am to come for me.

I hope you get your dip gritted and the kids can get to School and leave Mum in peace :)

Hi mary and su.

Ur not alone mary a lot of people hate it, especially when it comes to driving!!! Im very lucky in that i dont drive and i have very few things that i actually need to go out in it for so im very lucky that way!! I love the look of it and the sound of stepping in it. So far we only have about 2 or 3 inches where i am and it looks like its stopped now for the night. The road men gretted the roads earlier too so we should b ok for tomorrow. I imagine it'll get worse over the coming weeks though.

What is the weather like where u r??

Ps su i left u a msg over on d main page that may b usefull. X

I do admit, when I DONT have to leave the house, it does look beautiful, and all the gardens look the same.....

Ur hubbies is so good. Hope d roads r good by then for u both!!!

HATE the stuff. Even if I didn't have to drive in it, it's cold, horibble stuff!! :cry:

xxx

I don't LOVE it but can usually manage with me l'il 4x4 but I'm a wee bit concerned this time it may cock up our plans for next weekend ... 2 nights in Burley in the New Forest and a night in Exeter to meet Tanya!!!! :eek: .... xx

Oh jan hopefully u will still get taking your trip!!!! Some parts r worse than others so hopefully where u r headed wont b too bad and d roads will b well gritted. If not hopefully where you staying will be understanding and let u put it off for a week or two. But ultimately hopefully it wont come to that and by this time next week you'll b nice and relaxed after your lovely weekend!!!! Xx

Thank yoooo :) fingers crossed!! x

Safe driving everyone, really bad out there

I don't have to go out tonight but I AM out early in the morning :( .. take care everyone xx

Take care jan and drive safe. Allow plenty of time cos d roads r icey now. ( my advise would b to pull a snow day and not go any where unless u really must. Its just not worth it. Stay by the fire [r heater in d case of my appartment] and have a nice cup of coffee/ tea/ hot chocolate. But safe drivin if u must go out. Xx

Went for a long walk in it earlier and it was lovely but when i came home my toes had gone white!!! So sore untill i thawed out.

No such thing as 'snow days' in my life! Wouldn't let the kids down by crying off looking after the grandkids. The biggest pain was the half inch of solid ice on my windscreen - took forEVER to defrost it!! xx

maybe try putting newspaper over your windows at night so its easier to lift the ice off in the morning. the weather seems to be improving here, no snow today but the roads r awful with the ice and prob will be for a few days, dont know if there will be more snow or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back