D: Salmon and roasted garlic veg with cheese sauce made with HEA

Snacks
Smoked cheese (HEA) and raspberries
BBQ Pops (5 syns)
Melon
Kiwi fruit
8 Fruit yoyo's (2 x HEB)

Last edited:
I wouldn't be able to remove the batter, I love it too much!

And well done on your loss! :D

If we go to the coast for fish and chips at the really nice fish and chip shop I never manage to leave the batter but the local chip shop seems to have really nice fish but the batter is more stodgy than crisp so it is not as hard to ditch it.

And thank you. Chipping away at it still.

Green day today
B: Melon
L: Lentil and veg soup, Strawberries
D: veggie spag bol with , 60g wholemeal bun(HEB) with garlic frylight (40g cheese from HEA's to be shared between pasta and bun for garlic bread :)

Snacks
Raspberries
20g slice smoked cheese (part HEA2)
Hifi light x2 (HEB2)
Kiwi fruit
Strawberries
BBQ Pop chips (5)
Maltesers (5)

B: 0% fat yoghurt, kiwi fruit, banana, Fig
L: Roast tomato soup with couple of slices pastrami shredded in it
D: Steak and roasted garlic veg with cheese sauce made with HEA
Snacks
philli light (HEA) and veg
2 x milky way funsize (6)
Maltesers (5)
Kiwi fruit
8 Fruit yoyo's (2 x HEB)

* week again. I thought it had come round super fast but I looked at this diary and it is almost exactly one month but I still feel this is pretty rubbish as I have not been regular since I was about sixteen and I have the worst cramp ever and am bloated. Bah

I burn lentils, so this is one I can't help with haha ;)

I guess that's the down side to losing weight, snow! being more regular. I hate it myself haha (although as you know mine's probably because of the naff pill haha)

food looks lush like always. Thick soup is the best!!

Hello Lisa and welcome. I will definitely post the soup recipe for you after I confess yesterday went all to pot. I have been doing the soup challenge all week and it is less syns than I normally have and really strict on carbs. Yesterday I came on and left work early due to bad cramp and went on a complete junk food binge.

I had
4 oatmeal and raisin cookies - the soft chewy kind - these are about 10 syns each
A Macdonalds big mac meal with full sugar coke
1 bar of galaxy and 3 reese peanut butter cups.
I bought 4 white rolls too but only ate about half of one and then binned the others.

Millions of syns and I feel really shitty about it. I don't know if it was just TOTM or lack of will power or lack of carbs or what but I don't think I've been that bad since I started slimming world.

In a way I am glad to have done the soup challenge this week because the cut down on syns and carbs might mean the gain off yesterday isn't as bad would have been depending how much water I am retaining due to TOTM and part of me wonders if doing something so restrictive helped lead to the binge. This is not a go at the challenge itself as it works for lots of people and maybe when I am closer to target (a way off) I might need to do something like that to get me losing but the reason I can manage with slimming world at all normally is because it is not so restrictive and I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I really did this week and that is not a good thing for me.

I find when I restrict myself I'm more tempted to binge. I deffo couldn't go without carbs for long!

If I were you I would do one day as the challenge, then one day normal SW, and so on. :)

Just put the binge behind you and start afresh. :D I would suggest doing some SE days but with how much you've already restricted yourself this week I personally wouldn't. :)

Hope you're well apart from the binge! Big hugs xxx

I have decided I am going to finish the challenge to see if it helps undo the binge. I would definitely do having soup every day again but not the complete challenge - at least not until I am further on in my journey.

No breakfast today as only got up at 11
L: Celery and sweet corn soup
D: Quorn kievs, savoury rice and veg, cheese sauce (HEA)
Snacks
Strawberries and raspberries
Nectarine
chewy d (HEB)
2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) + Phllli light (HEA)

Lentil soup -

I fried off onions (about 200g of frozen already diced ones) added two teaspoons lazy garlic and then chucked that in the slow cooker with 400g chopped carrots, a chopper heart of celerey, one chopped corgette and 250g red lentils, 3 veg stock cubes, a shake each of of mixed dried herbs, cumin and black pepper and then enough boiling water to cover it and left in on low all day. You could do it on a pan in the stove too but would need to keep and eye on it as I find in a pan lentils settle to the bottom and burn. It is nice but not as nice as tinned lentil soup - I think it would be more like it if I add potato but I wanted carb free soups for my challenge.

Red Day
B: Bacon (no fat) 2 sausages (1 syn) beans 100g (4 syns)
L: Roast tomato Soup
D: Steak, roast veggies, cheese sauce made with HEA.

Snacks
8 x fruit yoyos (HEB x2)
Nectarine
Melon
Maltesers (5 syns)
Cheese (HEA) and pickled onions

Went to the shops to get more strawberries and melon and got mooned on the way back from Aldi - that's a first. By a guy out walking with his girlfriend no less. What a tool! Felt like saying to her well you've picked a champion there love but just walked on and ignored them. Makes me want to get the bus in future though just to avoid the dickheads who live round here which is annoying.

Back