Snow's healthy living ramblings

Thanks all :) Work continues to be manic and then I can't face more computer time when I get in so sorry for keep vanishing and not keeping up with everyone! Its mostly been a good week but I had fish and chips yesterday and am out for lunch tomorrow so am doing SP today and Monday in hopes of cancelling that out.
EESP
B: Half a scan bran cake (0.5 HEB 1 syn) 4 syns nutella, 150g raspberries,
L: ham and pease pudding sandwich (1.5 HEB) plus 200g sugar snap peas
D: chicken tikka, chickpea dahl, salad and cucumber (1 syn extra light mayo)

Snack
2 x clementine
cauliflower cheese bread (HEA)

Syns 20
30g haribo (5)
Nutella 4
tunnocks tea cake 5
extra light mayo 1
weight watchers cookies 4
cocoa powder in scanbran cake (1)

Drinks

Water x 3 lt
sugar free pop x 1lt

Steps yesterday

4681/9000

Sorry to hear works manic, pain that it when work puts you off other stuff :D
Nutella......bought a jar of that today :).......just gotta hope I only have what i need and not the whole jar:rolleyes::D

Have a great weekend :)

Sorry to hear works manic, pain that it when work puts you off other stuff :D
Nutella......bought a jar of that today :).......just gotta hope I only have what i need and not the whole jar:rolleyes::D

Have a great weekend :)

Yeah - I used to eat nutella out of the jar so having to remind myself I'm not to do that.

work has a nasty habit of getting in the way doesn't it :rolleyes: hope you have a fab few days off now x

lololol broadsbean x x x

work has a nasty habit of getting in the way doesn't it :rolleyes: hope you have a fab few days off now x

Wish I could be independantly wealthy! Or take some time off to focus on weight loss. i follow the blog of someone who has lost 20 odd stone on slimming world and she took some time off to do it - she's recently gone back to work and put five stone back on which I think just goes to show how much harder it is fitting things in around work!

Steps fell by the wayside on the bank holiday as I mostly sat and bingewatched tv and read terrible books (I have an addicition to pride and prejudice sequels even though they are always always rubbish and I am working my way through all the ones that are on kindle unlimited so at least I'm not actually buying them.) Watched the amazon prime show Bosch and now am on a ST Voyager rewatch.

Food wise was really good saturday and monday. Sunday was good apart from the dinner out where I had smoked salmon, sunday dinner (good except for gravy and roasties) and cheesecake. I am going to do the scan bran challenge this week and eat a load more scan bran cake. Uni scales were showing a little loss which I'm hoping the rain won't thwart as it is tipping it down and I got soaked on the way to work and obviously i will weigh more soaked through bah.

EE
B: 500g fat free yoghurt
L: ham salad sandwich (heb)
D: not sure yet
Snack
2 x clementine

Syns
sesame snaps 6

i follow the blog of someone who has lost 20 odd stone on slimming world and she took some time off to do it - she's recently gone back to work and put five stone back on which I think just goes to show how much harder it is fitting things in around work!

20 stone, wow!!! is that WLB?

I have an addiction to pride and prejudice sequels
Oh me too, I love the TV series, so beautifully acted :).

And WTG on the scan bran challenge, that stuff certainly does get things *ahem* moving for me :). What cake do you like the best?

i have made weetabix muffins today, made some last week and discovered i quite like them :eek:

fingers crossed for a good loss x i am not even going to second guess mine, the house scales just guess i am sure lol .

i have the week of work this week so i am pretending i am a lady of leisure. The dog just trashed the living room to prove not :rolleyes:

:cross::cross::cross:

20 stone, wow!!! is that WLB?

Oh me too, I love the TV series, so beautifully acted :).

And WTG on the scan bran challenge, that stuff certainly does get things *ahem* moving for me :). What cake do you like the best?

yeah it is WLB - she's done amazingly. I think she is taking the focus off blogging for now. which is understandable.

I like the ginger cake best but probably because you can make it really gingery without upping syns where as you can't make it really chocolately without adding syns. I have a few new recipes to try too that my consultant posted on fb - I will share if any are really nice. One is a banana cake but it only has one banana in which I probably won't syn >.> because it is one banana. I totally get the synning cooked/pureed fruits if you have lots but if you are having what you would anyway then I don't always. V bad I know.

i have made weetabix muffins today, made some last week and discovered i quite like them :eek:

fingers crossed for a good loss x i am not even going to second guess mine, the house scales just guess i am sure lol .

i have the week of work this week so i am pretending i am a lady of leisure. The dog just trashed the living room to prove not :rolleyes:

:cross::cross::cross:

I like weetabix muffins too - I make them carrot cake muffins with grated carrot and cinnamon. Which really now I think about it I could make a scanbran carrot cake!

I will be glad when the daily weighing is over I think - the study ends at the end of may - I get to keep the scales but won't have to get on them every day. The uni scales were very close to Slimming World last week when they are normally a few pound different so I'm a bit worried that the little loss on the uni scales might actually be a gain or STS on slimming world scales but hopefully it's just a sign they've drifted?

Enjoy your week off!

Put a 1/2 on which is not too bad if you have to have a gain. Had a migraine yesterday so wasn't online at all. Food wise wasn't great - didn't eat much but wasn't on plan.

Green day today as I had stopped adding green and red in and I think mixing it up worked better for me. Plus extra Healthy Extras!

B: Muller light goodie (2.5 syns) and 3 clementines.
L: Homemade veg and barley soup, 5 scan bran (HEB)
D: Either pasta and meat free meatballs (1 syn) in tomato sauce or sw chips, meat free meatballs, brocolli and slimming world ikea gravy (1.5 syns)

Snacks
Sugar snap peas with 75g philli light (HEA)
Banana scan bran cake (HEB2) planning to make some icing with more philli light for my HEA2

Syns
2.5 muller goodie
1.5 party ring biscuit
1 meat balls
1.5 gravy

Drinks

2 ltrs water
1 ltrs sugar free pop

Last edited:
I only managed to eat 3 scan bran with my soup - it's hard going. Looking forward to the cake though as it's much more palatable. I have some sugar free calorie free banana syrup I might mix in the icing instead of sweetner :)

Lol my OH ate the last banana BOOO. I have made a chocolate and raspberry cake instead it's in the oven and I'm just working out the syns now.

2 tbsp cocoa powder 6 syns
2 tbsp choc shot 2 syns
200 g raspberries 2 syns
5 scan bran 5 syns
egg free
fat free yoghurt free
sweetner free

15 syns. I am going to have half and count the scan bran as the other half of the HEB I ate at lunch and take 3 syns off for that. 4.5 syns for half a cake?

No longer using syns on gravy as having spaghetti and meatballs.

Want to use a HEA of cheese on my pasta so was thinking I was stuck for icing but as it's a green day you can use a HEB for cheese so I could still have some icing on my cake if I want. :)

Back