Snow's healthy living ramblings

4.5 cake with 3 syn icing. (I took 150g philli.light and added 1 tbsp nutella 4 syns and 1 tbsp chocolate syrup 2 syns and it did me and OH. the cake was lovely. Ate it still warm and it was a little undercooked which was all for the best as it was like chocolate raspberry fondant. Mmmmm. Will definitely make again.

Attachments

• 1431027537492.jpg
    1431027537492.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 52
4.5 cake with 3 syn icing. (I took 150g philli.light and added 1 tbsp nutella 4 syns and 1 tbsp chocolate syrup 2 syns and it did me and OH. the cake was lovely. Ate it still warm and it was a little undercooked which was all for the best as it was like chocolate raspberry fondant. Mmmmm. Will definitely make again.

That looks AMAZING!!! What does scan bran taste like/ what texture does it have? Ive never tried it but that cake looks sooooo good i may have to give it a shot!

And *sheepishly* Hi Snow!!
Sorry i havent been on in forever :( Had a month off with wedding/ honeymoon things but im easing myself back as i gained loads in that month *sobs*
Looks like you are going great! Loads of ideas on your diary as always!!
Hope work calms down so you can face the computer at home and gossip with us again soon :p

Red day today
B: 2 rashers bacon with fat (4 syns) sachet ketchup (0.5 syns) and one slice thick wholemeal bread (HEB)
L: Chicken salad, with chicken, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, beetroot, radishes, olives (3 syns worth) and 2 syns low fat salad cream (5 syns)
D: burger in a bowl and salad (HEA1)
Snacks
Banana
Banana scan bran cake (2 HEBs plus 6 syns the whole cake planning to have half for 3 syns and a HEB) planning to make some different icing with philli light and sugar free banana syrup for my HEA2 – may stick a few syns of icing sugar in as I have the syns to do so!
Syns
4.5 breakfast
5 syns olives and salad cream on lunch
3 for scan bran cake

Drinks
2 ltrs water
1 ltrs sugar free pop
Steps yest
8646/9000 (so close – I was planning on marching about the place for an extra 350 steps late last night but instead I fell asleep watching exit polls whups)
Lisa - Rosie’s description Is quite apt (some people in my group describe scan bran as being like carpet tiles lol) I did have two with my soup at luinch time and that was a struggle but it decent in cake. You can get it at Holland and baratt if you don’t go to group. I think one bit of it has the same about of fibre as most HEBs! It is really dry – you generally soak it in hot water to start making a cake and because it has egg and yoghurt in the cake can be quite moist. If you eat it warm though this is quite nice so I tend to do so. I have made scan bran cake by just blitzing it in the food processor instead of soaking it and this produced a drier cake but it was a bit too dry.
I made the cake above by soaking the scan bran, adding the 2tbsp cocoa powder, choc shot, sweetner, yogurt and eggs. Then I added the frozen raspberries and stirred it all up and gave it 25 mins on gas mark 5 in a lined tin.
Please don’t worry about not being by – I have been useless lately about keeping up with everyone lately and I didn’t have a wedding and honeymoon. I am sure you’ll get the hang of being back on plan soon and get that gain off again.
Rosie I do like quark icing if I’m out of hex’s but philli is that bit nicer!

ooh cake looks lovely snow x

Banana cake nom nom with banana philli. Really enjoying the scan bran challenge so far. Going to do coffee cake tomorrow

Attachments

• 1431122711118.jpg
    1431122711118.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 38
Those cakes look lush!
Are you just making regular scan bran cake and jazzing up a topping ? :)

Some of them have syns in for the extras - the chocolate one had cocoa powder and cooked raspberries and the banana cooked banana and a tbsp golden syrup so not as low syn as regular scan bran cake - but make them a bit nicer ad then yeah adding a jazzed up topping.

Ooh coffee cake, there's an idea!
I'm all for the ones you can put lots of flavour/spices in as there's no additional syns x

Yeah the coffee one should be free if used as a HEB and the ginger one could be no syns but I like to add black treacle and still you can get it two syns for an entire cake.

Red again today.

B: 150g raspberries
L: Mini pizza (wholemeal thin HEB) with hea of cheese, onion, home made tomato sauce, and 2 syns of chorizo. Mini quiches (i found one I like which is more cottage cheese than egg) with ham casing and onion and chopped tomato and smoked salmon. Smoked salmon pate (smoked salmon, cottage cheese and some dill blended) with sugar snap peas. crab sticks and 2 syns of crisps
D: chicken stirfry sans noodles.

Snack
Coffee scan bran cake (3 syns) with quark and options (1 syns)
Another thin (HEB2) with one tbsp of biscoffi spread (4 syns)
hot chocolate using HEA2 and 2 syns solid cocoa bar with 4 syns of biscoffi spread)
More raspberries

Syns
2 syns chorizo
2 syns crisps
4 syns scan bran cake
4 syns biscoffi spread on thin
6 syns hot chocolate
18 syns

Drinks
2lt water
2lt sugar free pop

Steps yest
9526/9000

Last edited:
The coffee scan bran cake was 5 scan bran, one muller light cappuccino flavour, 6 tbsp sweetner and two eggs (and some coffee) I made up some strong (instant) coffee and soaked the scan bran in it instead of just hot water. Then I wizzed it up in the blender with a spoon of instant coffee and cooked it like an ordinary scan bran cake. It had a lovely strong coffee flavour - v nice. I haven't tried the muller light cappuccino flavour before but it actually was really nice (had a sneaky taste when tipping it in the blender.) But if you couldn't get one I am sure you could just use more instant coffee in the mix.

I think I am going to make the banana cake again tomorrow - it was really nice and though I'd like to make the chocolate raspberry one again I have to save whats left of the frozen raspberries because I promised to make one for group on Tuesday.

I wonder if that's why any scan bran cakes I've made have been dry, I've never through of putting yoghurt in them? I'll have to give the coffee cake a try or even make it for group on our next taster. :)

I don't think I'll be able to make your chocolate raspberry one as I will eat the whole lot at once lol!!

Back