Snow's healthy living ramblings

i always use overnight oats for breakfast on work days. find them filling and sustains me better. doesn't seem to affect losses but as you know i have random gains just for fun some weeks. I always use frozen fruit for them but vary the yogurts. i have had some odd combinations lol.

couple of people i work with have started having them too :) I think there infectious :D

fingers crossed for tomorrow for us both . I really want that three stone but not really feeling it :( xxx

From Asda - they are one of the limited edition ones I haven't seen them in yonks so they may have brought them back for summer. Really nice in a korma or thai curry. Btw if you have an aldi near you then their greek yoghurts are free and about half the price of mullers. They come ina little four pack so look more like traditional yoghurts (The strawberry, lemon and coconut are free and the toffee half a syn.) they also do a fruit layer that are like fruitopolis which are free for strawberry and peach and 0.5 syn for cherry and again much cheaper.

Thanks for that will look out for them again - I had them last time they were doing the rounds. Make lovely ice cream when frozen :D

Plus will look out for the asda free ones. Love finding free things!

Thanks for that will look out for them again - I had them last time they were doing the rounds. Make lovely ice cream when frozen :D

Plus will look out for the asda free ones. Love finding free things!

Yeah they are one of my favs. The free ones are from aldi though - just so I don't send you on a quest to the wrong supermarket.

i always use overnight oats for breakfast on work days. find them filling and sustains me better. doesn't seem to affect losses but as you know i have random gains just for fun some weeks. I always use frozen fruit for them but vary the yogurts. i have had some odd combinations lol.

couple of people i work with have started having them too :) I think there infectious :D

fingers crossed for tomorrow for us both . I really want that three stone but not really feeling it :( xxx

Fingers crossed for you - I am just hoping for a loss to get me back to 4.5 award. I have made more overnight oats as they will hopefully fill me enough so I can eat a light lunch before weigh in as I've fallen out of practice with that. Cherrie with peach yoghurt. Definitely want to get more coconut ones in though.

the coconut/lime mullers are lovely:)
as is the turkish delight, one of my faves:)......but haven't seen that one for a while too :(

I think the coconut and lime has taken over the turkish delight. I wish they would bring in the limited editions all the time and get rid of some of the more boring ones they always have - I am sure there are other free strawberry yogs etc but I suppose they must be based on what sells.

I think the coconut and lime has taken over the turkish delight. I wish they would bring in the limited editions all the time and get rid of some of the more boring ones they always have - I am sure there are other free strawberry yogs etc but I suppose they must be based on what sells.
agree on the limited editions being out all the time....i also liked the after dinner mint one too :)

EE today – no carbs before weigh in except for my HEB though.
B: Overnight oats (HEB) and a pink grapefruit – much sourer than the yellow one from yesterday – this is weird to me, I like both but some part of my brain thinks pink should be sweeter! Slice of scan bran cake that I made for group (this was to make sure it was okay and because the whole cake wouldn’t fit in the Tupperware haha)
L: Fish In butter sauce (1.5 syns), green beans, raspberries for pud
D: bacon, no fat, 4 healthy living sausages(4 syns), beans, I have been pinching a bit of my OH’s scrambled eggs lately and it hasn’t made me ill so may have some (probably pushing my luck) fried onions – might do some frylighted potato – not a lot of speed but it’s after weigh and lots during the day?

Snacks
Sugarsnap peas
Ham and peas pudding rolls
Clementines
Syns
2 scan bran cake
1.5 fish
4 sausages
1 for ketchup
8.5 so far - if I am at this after weigh in might allow myself a full real chocolate bar!

Drinks
3 lts water
1.5 sugar free pop

Steps yest
9502/9000 - I went on my lunch time walk despite the limp which was probably a mistake as it was really painful last night. Going to rest today and try again tomorrow - trying to get in steps in shorter mini walks at work by going to further away toilets and print rooms etc.

I had wanted fish and chips (aldi haddock 6 syns) and my OH wanted breakfast for dinner (4 syns for sausages) which would be quicker so he is getting his way so I will have ee tomorrow for my fish and chips and then do green on Thursday (nacho bake) Not sure about Friday I think I will then go back to red/SP for the weekend and Monday to keep having a few low carb days but allowing myself some so I don’t feel deprived and see how that goes for me. I think if I have any loss at all I will carry on with the scan bran because I definitely think it has helped my digestive health (trying not to be too TMI!)

Last edited:
Hope your weigh in goes well :D

I love how well prepared/organised you are. It's inspiring to see xx

3lbs off so very pleased!

EE today
B: Salmon light lunch (1 syn) Grapefruit
L: Tesco Sushi (4 syns), raspberries for pud
D: Aldi breaded haddock, (6 syns) slimming world chips, mushy peas,

Snacks
Sugarsnap peas
Ham and peas pudding rolls
Clementines
Banana scan bran cake(HEB) with philli icing(hea)
Syns
1 light lunch
4 sushi
6 breaded haddock
3 banana scan bran cake
14 (possibly will have a tunnocks tea cake to make this up :)

Drinks
3 lts water
1.5 sugar free pop

Steps yest
9327/9000 - Despite no lunch time walk I made this as I had to dash home before group for my clothes throw things and then walk there then I limped from 8000 to 9000 by pacing up and down the hall reading my kindle

yay! Well done! I'm so happy for you. :D

What's "salmon light lunch"? (I'm trying to find some nice salmon recipes lol)

I may have to copy you with the kindle walking.. Never would have thought of that!

yay! Well done! I'm so happy for you. :D

What's "salmon light lunch"? (I'm trying to find some nice salmon recipes lol)

I may have to copy you with the kindle walking.. Never would have thought of that!

The kindle walking drives my OH nuts - he thinks I should go out for a proper walk but if it gets me to my steps I think it's better than sitting still!

The light lunch is this sorry not a recipe. Salmon Light Lunch - Moroccan Style | John West I like to have them for breakfast when I am saving my HEB and don't have time for a cooked breakfast. That's the only salmon one and the lowest syns but some of the tuna ones are quite low too (but some arent so check on the app if you are getting them). I was going to have overnight oats again and syn my banana scan bran cake but I left my jar I do them in at work yesterday so had a rethink!

Well done on the loss :D that's fantastic

Before I broke my first fitbit, I was so close to hitting 10,000 steps that I actually spent a while pacing my mum's front room until I hit it. I'm so glad it's not just me who does the pacing to hit a goal ;)

I like them - only a couple are low syn though some are about seven. I've dug out the info for the lower syn ones. They are fish, some sort of grain or pasta and veg in a dressing which as Lisa says is enough to do any salad so v good for a quick meal.

moroccan salmon 1 syn ( this is the only salmon one I believe) has bulgar wheat and chickpeas
Mediterranean tuna 4.5 syns pasta and veg
mexican tuna 2.5 (this is tuna and beans in a tomato sauce so would be good for sp days)
French tuna 5.5 pasta, potato and veg (I didn't like this one because the potato was weirdly grainy)

Woohoo well done on the loss Snowie!!!

And lol on the kindle walking - I wouldn't even try, knowing me I'd walk into a wall :D What about doing a Leslie 1 mile? That'll get your steps up too :)

Back