SnS and loose saggy skin?

laurenmay

Gold Member
I'm 215lbs and 5ft 3, and in the past my weight has always averaged out at around 140lbs. I'm due to start slim & save tomorrow on 4 packs a day, but I'm admittedly a little concerned...

I understand that a lot of the time when an individual has a great deal of weight to lose such as I do -- I want to lose 87lbs -- and if it's lost rather quickly then there's a possibility of loose saggy skin afterwards... I'm just worried that this may happen to me?

I'm only 22, so luckily my skin is still young, elastic and snaps back easily -- I gained 5 stone during my pregnancy just over a year ago, and lost the pregnancy weight within 4 months without any loose or saggy skin -- so I'm hoping I'll be lucky this time around too.

I don't look as heavy as I actually am, I wear size 16-18 and although I'm short I seem to carry my weight well... Does anyone think I'll have an issue with loose skin by following a VLCD? Help!

Yoi are likely to be ok given your age. I'd make sure that you moisturise your body regularly and some people suggest body brushing too. You don't need expensive body moisturisers - just doing it regularly is the important thing.

This is something I'm concerned about too - I expect to have a lot of saggy skin once I've finished dieting! I will make sure I will do everything I can to prevent it - I'm 27 so not as young as you! xxx

I'm worried about this too, I have the same to lose as you, I'm 22 also. :)

I've found moisturising keeps things supple

I haven't had any issues, I lost 3 st on atkins four years ago, now been on s&s since April. I'm 26.

I use buckets of oil and massage daily

I used to moisturise all the time, but then got lazy and stopped doing it! Got loads of lovely moisturisers in the house too so need to start making it a routine again!

laurenmay said:
I used to moisturise all the time, but then got lazy and stopped doing it! Got loads of lovely moisturisers in the house too so need to start making it a routine again!

It's also a good way of reminding yourself that your body is important and treating it regularly to a nice moisturise should be nice too...

I've heard that palmers cocoa butter is good for reducing stretch marks too. Being a guy, moisturising hasn't really existed for me beyond slapping some on the face after a shave but tempted to get some of this for the belly.

Ando said:
I've heard that palmers cocoa butter is good for reducing stretch marks too. Being a guy, moisturising hasn't really existed for me beyond slapping some on the face after a shave but tempted to get some of this for the belly.

Do it - just because you're a man doesn't mean that your skin doesn't need a bit of love and attention too! (We'll have him down at the spa soon ladies!)

Back