So annoyed... I need to get it off my chest

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
OK... Good news first... went for a pop-in today because I only lost 1lb on Wednesday (unexplained!)... and today I have lost an additional 5lbs :D

On to the stuff which has wound me up...

On my way back from WI, I went to visit my Nan, who I haven't seen for a few weeks. Last week I went and visited my Dad who hasn't seen me since before the diet and he was really impressed. I done really well up there and managed not to lapse - but missed the gym for 5 days and I think that had a part in me losing only 1lb.

Anyway, so I'm there chatting to my Nan and shes saying I look well blah blah blah.... THEN she goes "I heard you were binging last week though, up at your Dads, and thats why you only lost a pound" :eek::eek::eek: Errr... WHAT... So she explained that MY MUM had spoken to her after my wednesday WI, and said "she only lost a pound, and I reckon she DID eat, and spent the weekend binging"

Well that was enough to set me off... but I let it lay.

Then I get's home and we are sat watching TV (mum, me and bro) and within 5 minutes my mum goes "I'm cooking a really nice dinner tonight, steak with peppercorn sauce (yadda yadda yadda) do u want some?" So because I was already wound up I thought the least I say, the better... I simply went "No, If you haven't noticed, for the past 5 months I've been on an ABSTINENCE program. I do not want your LOVELY STEAK dinner... I will have a shake. Thanks"

Then she looks over at my brother (who is overweight) and goes "Your bellys looking a bit big... you need to lose some weight"

WELL... This crossed the line (I am in a bad mood already!) so i goes "What on earth gives you the right to comment on other peoples weight when you are overweight yourself (she is not excessively, but is in a dream world... shes about 5ft 7/size 18). I think you are out of order and if he wants to lose weight then he will... all you have done is comment on people but I think you should take a look at yourself before you say anything to anyone else because you're in the wrong shoes to be making FAT comments" .......

She just responded by going "i dunno whats wrong with u today, but i aint listenin 2 it"

And then I came up to my bedroom.........

She is really doing my head in...... I can't wait to move out

Sorry had to get that off my chest. It's really made me wanna eat something but I've done a thought record and know that shes only gunna get personal pleasure out of it so I am gunna pop out for a little while :sigh:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Good for you Claire, for speaking out! From as long as I have been posting, I know your mum has made things difficult for you by offering you food, so I am SO PROUD of you for saying something. Don't you DARE let her drive you to eat!!! I feel a bit angry at her too, sorry, but I do.

You be strong - and let all she says just rolll of your back. Do not give any satisfcation by caving in - you will end up madder at yourself then you are her, and that isjust self-destructive.

You can do it matey! Chin up - and well done.
XXX

Thanks BL... Yes you are right... I was having a conversation with someone the other day and in all honesty, the option of "healthy eating" is just not feasible in our house. I am 21 and all the shopping which is bought is unhealthy and yes I have the option of going shopping for myself once I am finished but I think it will make things difficult.

I think the sooner I move out, and have my independance to go shopping for myself, and buy what foods I want to eat... it wil be the beginning of a healthier lifestyle...

.. Unfortunately, I will just have to put up with it for a few more months :(

Thanks BL, I seriously think that if this doesn't get to me and make me reach for the fridge, nothing will :) xxx

Thanks BL, I seriously think that if this doesn't get to me and make me reach for the fridge, nothing will :) xxx

Don't you do it girl!!

In my best Robert DeNiro (ala Meet the Parents) "I'm watching you.." :D :D :D

You are doing great - you will get through this. :)

Don't listen to her and if she is gonna ask you if you want dinner make sure you are out and about at that time. You will get the last laugh when she is still fat and you have had the willpower to slim. My mum is always commenting on my weight, she is a size 6 and makes me mad, so I have just starting to tell her she looks scrawny! I told her that the sight of her in a swimsuit is just as unpleasant as seeing me in one!! Good luck

Claire don't let it all wind you up, you know you've not been binging - you've been bloody perfect! To be honest it might be better if you don't say how much you've lost as that then draws comments - I don't tell anyone other than you lot in here and the people in my group how much I've lost either weekly or in all ...... you lot understand that you can be in perfect abstinence and lose 7lb, 3lb or 1lb and it doesn't matter what you've done ... others don't.

Stay strong honey, you can do this xxx

Good on ya girl - it takes a lot of courage to speak out! It seems to me that your Mum might be just a little bit jealous of your success, which is why she is lying to others - it belittles your success.

Perhaps when she next makes a comment about your brothers weight, you could respond with asking her if she knows why he is a little overweight - because it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the food she is bringing into the house and cooking?

That said, steak and peppercorn sauce does sound rather nice!!

LOL @ Corey... well just to let you know they have just eaten the steak and peppercorn sauce and it smelt delish - But I had my cranberry bar :D

I'm feeling alot better because I went shopping for some heels ... being 6ft 2 I've never worn heels in my life 1) because im already massive and 2) well because it wud look ridiculous, a big heffa in heels!! BUT i've always wanted a pair... and felt like I needed some retail therapy!!

I went shoppin (because of my big feet, i will always have to go to Evans for shoes! Size 8/9!!) Anyway I went in, strolled past the fat clothes (sorry.. I hope I didnt offend anyone.. I do still fit into their clothes but really don't wanna shop in there 4 clothes anymore!) and came out with 3 pairs!!!!!!!!

Oh dear... one has a 3 inch heel... and the other 2 have about a 2.5inch ... heheheh :eek:

I'm well happy..... I came home and mum started talking 2 me... no point me being horrible 2 her so i just told her i had been shopping... showed her me shoes and she said they were nice and then she asked me if i was sure i didnt want any of this steak!!!!.. I just said yes im sure and then came bk 2 my room!!

:) have just tried on the 16 skirt from primark that I got a few weeks back with the new shoes and it looks quite nice lol!!

Thanks for all ur replies xx

Mums eh they take the biscuit (pardon the the pun) but mine been great telling me I look good and so on an so forth but just yesterday I went round in my big sloggy black coat and she turns round and says, oh love that doesn't half make you look big, yadda yadda yadda eh Claire.......

Good on ya!! xx

LOL Your mum sounds like my nan Lola!!

My mum has started saying im looking fine and should stop, but as everyone else says.. its a case of jealousy I think.

Sometimes I do just wanna turn around and say IS 18 STONE "NORMAL" THEN???... Nobody (apart from u and my LL group) knows how much I weighed/weigh and I sometimes think if they knew they would shut up.

... But im not going to give them the benefit of knowing :D

Back