So annoyed with myself!

Hi All,

i hope you had a good weekend.... I am so annoyed with myself, i had been good all week and then yesterday i ate a kebab! :eek: Then i ate the biscuits, crisps etc etc and had a total binge!

Feel like a failure :cry: and not sure what to do now, im back on it today but does anyone know how long it will take to get back into ketosis?

My hands are cold which are a sign, but it could be that our office heating isnt working properly!!!

xxx

Hey you...

Don't beat yourself up hun - you can't turn back time. You won't have done too much damage in one day - so just get back on the packs, drink lots of water and you will be back in the land of the Big K before too long. Do you have any Ketostix ? If not you can get these from most Pharmacies - then you will definitely know when you are back in full fat busting mode.

Cheer up hun !

xxx

Thank you Libellule, Its just so frustrating when i have been good!!!

Your right though, i must get those ketostix and drink more water and get back on track!

How do you get through the wanting food?

xxx

cheer up chick!

it happens to the best of us!!
xxxxxxxxxx

I guess I am lucky that I don't really miss the food - however I do miss my glass of wine in the evenings !

If I ever think about food, I just keep drinking water, and also I use Ketostix daily - even though I kinda know that I will be in Ketosis - to see it confirmed gives me a boost as I know my body is burning off the lard !

I just keep telling myself I want to be slim more than I want to eat !

You can do it hun xxx

Put it behind you, and get right back on the plan, drink plenty of water and you'll be fine.

How do you get through the wanting food?

It takes a lot of time, patience and a good long look at yourself each and every day.

Try thinking about;
what makes you want food
what happened in the day that you binged (i.e. stressfull, boring etc)
what food makes you feel like
what else could make you feel that way
new hobby/ies to keep your mind off food

and the big one (at least for me);
What is missing in your life that you turned to food to replace?

Mine is companionship/love, so once this weight is shifted, I gotta find me a nice girlie quick! lol

hope that helps, and feel better :)

Hey guys

Thank you for your answers! Its the inspiration ive needed.... ive drunk so much water today and im just having a black coffee to warm me up as im so cold.

Will even go to the gym tonight to see if that will help!

xxx

You know you can do it! Just put it behind you and move on, and from what you have said you have done that!

thanks Dieting Rambler, i so want to lose 2 stone so am going to go for it!

How will you all cope over xmas as thats another thought that is going through my head!

xxx

Try not to be so hard on yourself you are like me i cant just have 1 thing i have a binge. Don'T worry probably take couple of days to get in ketosis. Do you have keto stix if you haven't you should get some because sometimes some foods don't knock you out and its good to have them to check. Definitely recommend

thanks Dieting Rambler, i so want to lose 2 stone so am going to go for it!

How will you all cope over xmas as thats another thought that is going through my head!

xxx

I am going away to a hotel (booked before thinking about doing CD) for 4 days - so I have given myself permission to have Christmas of CD, but I need to behave myself, so I know there will be weight gain and I will just have to deal with it.

im the same im going to my mum and dads on sat night (in spain) so im having sat sun mon tues off as long as im not to naughty ill be fine!! also im going to have xmas day off!!!!!!! WWWOOOO HHHHHOOOO!!!

Feel like a failure :cry: and not sure what to do now

Dani - I hear ya! I'm in the same state myself right now. After a stellar 1st week, and having planned out the whole week, I just ate an entire pizza....AFTER having my soup! DOH!

Honestly, I stopped myself 3 times before picking up the phone to order the pizza...yet I still did it. WHY???? :confused:

Try thinking about;
what makes you want food
what happened in the day that you binged (i.e. stressfull, boring etc)
what food makes you feel like
what else could make you feel that way
new hobby/ies to keep your mind off food

and the big one (at least for me);
What is missing in your life that you turned to food to replace?

Pete - each time I stopped myself, I did ask myself those questions, and answering them didn't stop me :( It was as though someone else took over, dialling the number, getting the money out, answering the door and stuffing her face!

Oioioioioi! I wasn't hungry, I wasn't stressed. I survived an emotional trial last week without falling off the wagon, and nothing at all happened tonight to say it was 'emotional eating gone wrong'. So what the heck?!?

I've read so many posts (and even been encouraging to others myself! <feeling like a hypocrite now!:mad:) about not beating yourself up, and moving on and getting right back on track.

I'm not beating myself up (and have already downed a couple pints of water and set out tomorrow morning's shake! lol) but I would really like to understand how I could feel so out of control...

(sorry to hijack your thread Dani, it just sounded so familiar!! :eek:)

Any ideas anyone?

Cx

I wasn't hungry, I wasn't stressed. I survived an emotional trial last week without falling off the wagon, and nothing at all happened tonight to say it was 'emotional eating gone wrong'. So what the heck?!? Cx

Hi...if you weren't hungry then it was emotional eating - you just haven't been able to identify yet what emotion it was you responded to. Perhaps subconsciously you felt you "deserved" it after surviving your emotional trial last week? Anyway main thing is you've recognised it, you're not making excuses and you're all set to get straight back on tomorrow xx

Hi...if you weren't hungry then it was emotional eating - you just haven't been able to identify yet what emotion it was you responded to.

Sigh! :break_diet:
I was feeling really good tonight too.
D*mned sneaky subconscious :(

Dani - did you feel the same way?

Hi Smiley Cat

Ditto to everything you have said! I am back on track (from yesterday) but still am dreaming of food on an hourly basis!!!

I think i need to keep looking at the fat pics of me and get motivated that way.

This forum is fab though as i read through all the posts and i must say it really does help!

Gym again for me tonight.... also how difficult was it for me last night - i made my other half Turkey, Stuffing, Roast spuds and veg and was totally dribbling everywhere!!! Still i stuck with my choc shake and a teaspoon of stuffing (oops i just admitted that!!!)

xxx

Back