so bloated

mummyb

can anyone help, I'm so bloated all of the time! this is my 2nd week trying to follow this diet at home with a 3.6lb first week loss... my belly is so bloated is uncomfortable, I'm going to the toilet normal so not worried about that. any help would be great

It's the increase in fibre. If you are "going" ok I would try and ride it out. It passes as your body gets used to it. Mint or green tea can help :)

It's really common. That and wind haha. it will pass. Pun fully intended ;)

I am having the same problem with being bloated. I do have ibs too. Could the slimming world diet do this? I have never been a big fruit and veg person but eating more fruit now. Anyone have any advice for the problem I have? I have only been doing sw for about three weeks now.

I'm not sure whether it will exacerbate the ibs. Maybe check with your doctor but otherwise I'd say the same. I have deleted the other advice as it was contrary to @craftermary who is far more knowledgeable than me! :)

Last edited:
I suffer with ibs. You have to limit your fruit and peppermint tea can agravate ibs. Try plain green tea. I use an app called Monash University for portion sizes of fruit and veg to eat. I can't do any slimming plan as I need to be strict so I don't have an ibs attack.

Too much fruit can ferment in your stomach and you should leave a gap of 2 hours between each serving.

If your Dr has diagnosed you with ibs ask him/her to refer you to a nutrionist.

I suffer with ibs. You have to limit your fruit and peppermint tea can agravate ibs. Try plain green tea. I use an app called Monash University for portion sizes of fruit and veg to eat. I can't do any slimming plan as I need to be strict so I don't have an ibs attack.

Too much fruit can ferment in your stomach and you should leave a gap of 2 hours between each serving.

If your Dr has diagnosed you with ibs ask him/her to refer you to a nutrionist.
I love the fact that someone always knows!! :) :)

I have cut down on the fruit and the bloating seems a a lot better. I have flare ups of IBS anyway it was just worse before. I am going to try increasing my fruit and veg intake gradually to see how much my body can cope with. I appreciate the advice both lickthelid and @craftermary has given. Thanks both

Back