So close to cracking

Dolls&Pins

I'm having a bad day, I didn't sleep last night so I'm tired, I had a job interview which went horrible, my heating and hot water has decided to die on me and all I want to do is go to local shop and buy all the Muffins they have and then order a Chinese :sigh: I really am tempted to. I have been strictly on the diet now for only 10 days and I'm already cracking. It's getting to the point where I am youtubing cooking videos and watching them in Aw. I think there is something very wrong with me, I am slightly insane haha. I swear I can actually smell a roast dinner lol :p But I know if I crack that is me cracked for a good week or 2 and each day of those days would be spend just totally binging on food so I would put all the weight I have lost on plus more no doubt and then be more depressed so I would even more and it's just a continues circle. Help me to not crack please :(

Dolls&Pins said:
I'm having a bad day, I didn't sleep last night so I'm tired, I had a job interview which went horrible, my heating and hot water has decided to die on me and all I want to do is go to local shop and buy all the Muffins they have and then order a Chinese :sigh: I really am tempted to. I have been strictly on the diet now for only 10 days and I'm already cracking. It's getting to the point where I am youtubing cooking videos and watching them in Aw. I think there is something very wrong with me, I am slightly insane haha. I swear I can actually smell a roast dinner lol :p But I know if I crack that is me cracked for a good week or 2 and each day of those days would be spend just totally binging on food so I would put all the weight I have lost on plus more no doubt and then be more depressed so I would even more and it's just a continues circle. Help me to not crack please :(

Hun you can stay strong! Think of all the reasons why you want to lose weight,you will feel so much better tomorrow knowing you didn't crack! And each day you'll feel stronger!
Its horrible when you get days like that,where nothing goes right-but don't take it out on your own body!
And I completely get where you're coming from about the cooking videos,Im constantly watching cooking programmes,its like I enjoy tormenting myself! Having a bad day today too! But keep strong,we can get through it! Xx

Hun you can stay strong! Think of all the reasons why you want to lose weight,you will feel so much better tomorrow knowing you didn't crack! And each day you'll feel stronger!
Its horrible when you get days like that,where nothing goes right-but don't take it out on your own body!
And I completely get where you're coming from about the cooking videos,Im constantly watching cooking programmes,its like I enjoy tormenting myself! Having a bad day today too! But keep strong,we can get through it! Xx

That's exactly what it is with the cooking shows, it's like tormenting myself of all the nice things I can't have lol. I am so happy I am not the only one, I feel less crazy now :p
Thanks for your words of motivation I am not going to crack because it's just simple not an option, I want to look good and stuffing my face with muffins and Chinese Will make me feel good for about an hour and then I'll be worse. I hope your bad day Improves :)

Dolls&Pins said:
That's exactly what it is with the cooking shows, it's like tormenting myself of all the nice things I can't have lol. I am so happy I am not the only one, I feel less crazy now :p
Thanks for your words of motivation I am not going to crack because it's just simple not an option, I want to look good and stuffing my face with muffins and Chinese Will make me feel good for about an hour and then I'll be worse. I hope your bad day Improves :)

Yeah the tormenting ourselves is terrible! Glad you're not going to crack,go and have a bath and take your mind off it,read a good book! (not a cooking book hehe) the good feeling you get from food doesn't even last me half hour,I eat it like I've never ate before and feel guilty even as I do it! Just look towards the future! And thanks,I think im feeling miserable because I can't seem to sleep on this diet! Maybe im just not using the extra energy xx

Day 1 on the Beck Diet Solution asks you to write an "advantages response card" then commit to reading it at least twice a day, and whenever you feel a temptation. It's basically a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight. And, it is astonishingly powerful. I was tempted by cheese on Sunday and almost immediately I asked myself why? What are the advantages to eating cheese? Do I need to eat cheese or do I want to eat cheese? Aren't I overweight because I give in and have things I want? It was a proper telling off! I think as long as you make an informed choice of what you want to do, and you're doing it for the right reasons, then you should go ahead and do it, if you have reasons rather than excuses.

And I guess you watching cookery shows is like me sniffing bread! Gives me a fix!

Glad you decided not to cave in, it would have just made you feel worse not better.

Back