So Confused.. please help :(

Anaya

Hey everyone, I'm sorry for the miserable post 1st thing in the morning but I'm so confused and getting a little disheartened and wondered if anyone could help me?

I am a serial weigher, but just once everyday in the mornings, I just find I stay on track and motivated that way, every week I have been ok and the weight has either dropped or stayed the same day by day.. this week for some reason I had dropped 3lb when I weighed myself on Tuesday, I stayed the same on Wednesday morning but on Thursday morning I have gained 2lb of those 3lb back :( I am still that same weight today with my weigh in in an hour and I just dont understand it, means I have only lost 1lb this week and it's so disheartening :cry: I didnt change a single thing i've been eating this week, nothing that's not allowed in the booklet (have been very strict on that), i'm not in give up mode as I know nothing but this diet will work for me but am just a little.. well quite a lot.. demotivated at the moment and very confused.. :sigh:

Can anyone help shed some light on this mystery please? Has this ever happened to you or am I the only one? :(

This is why weighing everyday isn't a great idea IMHO! Your body goes through natural fluctuations through the week, depending upon fluid balance etc. It's more than likely just water weight - it can't possibly be 'fat' if you are doing 100%!
Keep doing what you're doing, and try to stay away from the scales for a few days xxx :hug99:

Hello

I too am a serial weigher but weigh myself everytime i go to the loo! lol I have replaced food obsession with scale obsession!

I did have this in approx week 4/5 i think it was and had stayed 100% SS and it wasnt even totm. The only thing i can see is the following week i did have a bigger loss than usual so over the month it did even itself out.

Dont get down about it stay focussed it will be worth it in the end.

stay away from the scales hun! I had my weigh in yesterday and lost nothing! I was a bit upset, but as I knew I had been 100% I thought carry on girl as the results are showing, I think sometimes if we look at the bigger picture of monthly losses it is easier! I lost 3 lb last week and 6 the week before, so still 9lb in 3 weeks IYSWIM

keep it going

Thanks so much for the support everyone, it really does help, feeling much better now :) I just got back from my weigh in and my CDC also put it down to water retention but I seem to have lost a few inches which is great! This week I will definitely do my best to stay away from the scales and see if I can kick my serial weighing habit! I've managed to kick my eating habits which I never thought I would do so technically this should be much easier!!! :p

Thank youuu everyone :hug99: xxx

If you've followed the diet to the letter as you say you have, it can only be water. It's not possible for it to be anything else.

Are you weighing first thing in the morning at the same time every day before you've had anything to eat or drink and wearing the same clothing (better yet, naked)? Even a single cup of coffee could make a difference of a pound - and the longer the lie-in, the less you'll weigh.

If it's not that - and I wouldn't be surprised if you said it wasn't - please don't lose heart. Retaining water is one of the most annoying things about any weight loss plan.

But regardless of what the scales say, you'll still be losing fat. It's not possible on CD for you not to be losing fat if you're following the diet 100%.

I've said in other posts that this is one of the reasons I've put the scales away. It's great when they show a loss, but when they don't, I fall into a spiralling abyss - even though I understand why that happens sometimes :rolleyes:.

Chin up hun. Keep doing what you're doing - and go by what your CDC's scales say - not yours.

Thanks so much for the support everyone, it really does help, feeling much better now :) I just got back from my weigh in and my CDC also put it down to water retention but I seem to have lost a few inches which is great! This week I will definitely do my best to stay away from the scales and see if I can kick my serial weighing habit! I've managed to kick my eating habits which I never thought I would do so technically this should be much easier!!! :p

Thank youuu everyone :hug99: xxx

Cross-posted :D

Glad you're feeling better about it all - and yes - put away those scales!!

I've only lost about 1.5 lbs this week and its only week 2, but I KNOW its water, have faith. It will move

Back