So cross with myself for gaining over the past year.

JemmaBe

Silver Member
I am so cross with myself.
This time last year, I had lost 1.5 stone.

Due to a number of factors, I have now only lost 4lbs.

I am so so cross with myself that I didn't do anything about it, and I seem to be going into reverse, having got to target a month ago I went on a long business trip and on holiday and gained 5lbs.

I'm very, very competitive, and I've realised there is a girl I'm going back to uni with who has lost a LOT of weight since I last saw her. I've realised that if I lose 3lbs a week for the next 4 weeks, I will be almost as slim as when I left a year ago.

Sticking to plan is relatively easy, there are a lot of things I like on the plan. However I have a big problem with drinking and eating too much when I go out. People know me as the one to always drink wine with them, and always have 3 courses. How can I politely stick to diet coke and salad with dressing on the side without appearing 'boring'?

Any advice on willpower would be most welcome :)

Aww bless ya, your obviously motivated otherwise you wouldn't be on here...
Good luck with journey and look forward to seeing what others say about will power as I have zero :)

You simply have to tell people. I was at a christening today with work colleagues. I had a pint of diet coke and a visit to the buffet saw me bypass all the pies, sausage rolls, quiche, roast potatoes, buns & sandwiches etc.

I filled my plate with the mixed salad and decorated it with a boiled egg and then various melon, strawberries and grapes;)

I did succumb to a few slithers of the cheese platter (you know, a bit of each) as this is a temptation too far.

I got so many positive comments from people who know all about my journey. The "snidey" comments stopped a while back as I lost best part of 7 stone and everyone realised this was not a fad.

I simply couldn't compromise my health just to prove I wasn't boring to a few colleagues. Indeed some of the biggest bores at these do's are the ones who get drunk and make a pig of themselves at the buffet! - I find being ill, swearing, crying and falling asleep comatose very boring as it goes;)

Seriously, "real friends" will understand what you're doing and why.

For added kudos, start the conga or get up first for the Karaoke when still sober:eek:

Maximus is right. Be blunt. My 14 yr old niece was going on at me the other day 'you usex to take us to mc's and now you're really boring and only have salad and jacket potatoes (not true, but she's 14 so life is of course very black & white). My response? Yup - i'm really boring now - and i'll be around alot longer as a result of not dying from a heart attack at 40 - which do you want?' To be honest i was prob too blunt, but to her credit she didn't bawl her eyes out & did finally get why i was doing it.

Honestly is def the best policy. My proper mates all get it now - its just me. I pick the best choices for food & don't drink wine very often. I still have a good time - in fact i feel more confident in myself so i have a better time now when i go out.

i do karoke sober too :) & i rock!!!!

Lol - I thought you were going to finish that story by saying that you took your neice to McD's and started a great food fight which the whole restaurant joined in.

Possibly the best use for a Big Mac?

;)

Maximus said:
Lol - I thought you were going to finish that story by saying that you took your neice to McD's and started a great food fight which the whole restaurant joined in.

Possibly the best use for a Big Mac?

;)

Definitely!

Back