So depressed ?

naz

Hi, I really need help! I don't know what to do anymore. :( I lost 2.5 stones and have put on 1 stone of that! Wen I eat healthy or try to I feel so down in the dumps, and hen I eat im happy until I have ate then I'm back to normal. I have tried every diet in the book and I just can't seem to get y head back on track! somebody tell me I'm not the only person who has been threw this cus at the moment I'm feeling really low. I hate myself for it and my confidence is completely gone. I weigh 13.1 stones and was 12 stones in June! I just don't know what go do anymore.

Are you feeling any better now naz? I think what you're feeling is totally normal, we all go through it. You lost 2.5 stone so you know you can do it! And yes you've put a stone back on, but you can lose that again, and more if you want/need to. Don't give up, try to be positive, think of your motivation for losing weight. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get going xx

Samprand said:
Are you feeling any better now naz? I think what you're feeling is totally normal, we all go through it. You lost 2.5 stone so you know you can do it! And yes you've put a stone back on, but you can lose that again, and more if you want/need to. Don't give up, try to be positive, think of your motivation for losing weight. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get going xx

Hi I'm still the same :( I keep saying "today I'll b good" but end up eating the wrong foods again! I saw my reflection on the computer screen and all I cud see is fat! It's my own fault just wish something would just click and I would go back to the happy and healthy me :((

Hi I'm still the same :( I keep saying "today I'll b good" but end up eating the wrong foods again! I saw my reflection on the computer screen and all I cud see is fat! It's my own fault just wish something would just click and I would go back to the happy and healthy me :((

Are you mentally ready to change the way you eat? It takes a LOT of willpower to make changes, as you know, so if you don't feel 100% ready it won't work, and you will end up feeling worse because it hasn't worked for you yet. That leaves you open to comfort eat, and the cycle starts again :( How are you doing xx

Hello :)

You managed to loose 2.5 stone... thats brilliant!!!

I know all too well about being depressed about your weight loss. Years ago I hovered around the 13 stones range, lowest was about 12.4, can you imagine the horror or ballooning to over 20 stone. I don't know how it happened. (well I do lol too much eating) then one day something clicked, and that was it I decided that' that day would be the first day of the rest of my life. I've not been a saint and my weight still fluctuates and I still have a looooong way to go but what I found helps is small term targets, small achievable goals. Do you keep a diary on here? Keep a food diary, write down everything that passes your lips. Plan your meals, plan snacks too, that for me has been a huge help as its when I've got nothing healthy to snack on I BINGE:eek:

Write a list of why you're doing this, read through some success stories and look at some sucess photos, they certainly help me and inspire me to go on.

Hope you're ok xxxx:)

Hi guys thanks for all your posts, I'm feeling alot better now and I've decided that I will b starting a calorie controlled diet from today and the 30 day shred. I'm hoping this will get me back on track and feeling alot more positive then I have been for the last 2 months! Thanks again for all ur encouragement! Xxx

Hi Naz

I too let depression get in the way. Last year I was 10 stone. In October I got to 12 stone, my heaviest ever and vowed to change. I then let it balloon to 13 stone by January. Something inside me clicked then. This has to be a change for life. No more yoyo dieting. I started calorie counting 3 weeks ago and have done a lot of exercise including the 30 day shred. I have lost 8 pounds so far and feeling really positive. You can do this too!! Good luck!! Linda:)

Linda1971 said:
Hi Naz

I too let depression get in the way. Last year I was 10 stone. In October I got to 12 stone, my heaviest ever and vowed to change. I then let it balloon to 13 stone by January. Something inside me clicked then. This has to be a change for life. No more yoyo dieting. I started calorie counting 3 weeks ago and have done a lot of exercise including the 30 day shred. I have lost 8 pounds so far and feeling really positive. You can do this too!! Good luck!! Linda:)

Thanks Linda! Yes I'm doing the 30 day shred too! I know calorie counting will help me even though the weight will come off slower then other diets I've done before. I'm hoping it will stay off for longer this way! Good luck to u and well done on your weight loss 8lbs is great! I'll keep u posted on my progress xxxx

Hi just thought I'd post some good news on here today. Well as u know I've been calorie counting for over a week now (but went over today cus of birthday cake :( ) and I have also been doing the 30 day shred, which I also missed today cus of really bad totm pain :(. Anyway back to the happy news! I lost 1.5kg! The weights r finally going down after a long time so I'm happy! Hoping to stick with it! Will keep u posted!! Xxxx

I suffer with depression, not great right now. Really beat myself up about my weight but food chills me out.
What 30 day shred?
I need that 'click' your all on about!!! Lately I'm just like **** it but I need to loose weight to help with my sanity.
Any diets good for depression? Happy food lol

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

30 day shred is an exercise DVD, you do 10 mins (I think) every day for 30 days. It's got the trainer from Biggest Loser so is a bit of a beast! But I've heard it gives great results. Sometimes that 'click' doesn't come, or if it does then sometimes it doesn't last lol Willpower is key I suppose, it's what sees you through :) Not sure about depression food, probably general fruit and veg, lean meat and fish, lots of water would be good as it should give you all the vitamins etc you need to fuel your body and brain. I hope you're doing a little better now xx

Back