SO DEPRESSED!!!!

jackietrew

Will be slim!!!!!!!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Guys!!! im so unhappy, my last weigh in was on wednesday and since then i have not lost ONE POUND!!!! why is this??? im on sole source so surely its impossible not to lose weight? im doing exercise twice a week, and ok i will admit i have had the odd slice of chicken but thats it!! not like iv gone and eaten chocolate or crisps etc! its not my totm and i drink 6 litres of water a day, so i really cant understand it! need some motivation before i give up. oh im on week 3 by the way

Hi jackie, I know how demoralising it can be when the scales are not going down etc, but keep in there and the weight loss will show. Did you know muscle weighs more than fat? Could it be that you are toning up etc.

I check my measurements as well as weight as a back up, when the scales don't seem to move then check your measurements.

I hit week 3 today as well, we have come so far... You have lost some great weight already

Hi Jackie,

If you are over doing the exercise on a vlcd your body will hold onto your weight, so perhaps you might need to cut back a little.

You have lost almost a stone which is a lot in three weeks as the guidelines are a around a stone a month for a woman, so you are doing very well.

How the weight comes off is very individual and you will in time establish your own pattern.

Try not to compare your weekly losses with others even though it is something we all do:eek:

I hope you have taken body measurements before you started as sometimes you will find on those weeks when you have no weight loss or it is only a pound or two, that could be the very time your inches seem to drop.

Also, if you drank a lot of water before weigh in it will show on the scales.

1 litre of water is 1kg = 2.2lb.

If you are sticking with your diet you will lose weight, it is scientifically impossible not too!

Love Mini xxx

well i guess it could be because im toning up, but the whole reason i did this diet was to lose a good amount of weight each week, and i just think to myself...well i could lose more than this eating healthy and exercising. *siiigh* well hopefully i can lose just one pound this week then iv hit the one stone mark which i guess is good in 3 weeks! xxx

do you think eating the odd slice of chicken would have a huge impact seeing as its only protein?? yeah i have been measuring myself and have lost a few inches this week, which i guess is good but for me its always been the number on the scales which is important x

Hi,
don't worry and don't give up. I know it takes some getting used to but some weeks you will not loose any pounds but inches...
Just stick with it and you will get there. I took me a while to get used to these weeks but I've come to like them now (like totm) because you'll have a big loss next week or the week after...

Chin up, it will be fine..

xxx

Hello

Have you been measuring your waist, bust, hips etc? I went through a week like that at the beginning of starting SS - I was totally devastated - but then I noticed that my trousers were falling down. Turns out I was still losing fat and retaining water..........

Another thing I do is that if I feel the scales are stabilizing, I add a small chicken and broccolli meal to my day and I usually find that that starts the scales moving down again. I asked my GP about this yesterday and he reckons it's because of my metabolism and also the nutrients you are getting from the meal (?!?!?!) I usually flit between SS and SS+ so I can allow myself the meal.

Don't worry about it. I promise you that by your next weigh in if you have stuck to the diet and the scales are not at least 6lb lower I shall post a video of myself in the shower singing "YMCA". Naked. In the shower. Urgh! :0)

XXXXX

yeah have been measuring and iv lost a few inches, and clothes are looser...i think iv dropped down to a size 12 but not sure yet as i dont have any size 12 clothes lol. hopefully you will lose those 6 pounds chebs, but i would like to see that video! lol, thanks guys for all your support xxx

Eating a little chicken will not have a huge impact on your weight loss.

However on a strict vlcd the downside of nibbling even on chicken can in time lead on to even more nibbling and eventually onto carbs...

Getting back onto the diet becomes very difficult and for some impossible.

It has taken myself almost a year to get back to SSing after countless failed attempts.

They say the first time is the Golden time and there is a lot of truth in that, so really now is the time to make the most of being in the zone and get your diet done and dusted.

You will feel so proud of your achievements when you reach your goal.

Just hang in there and give yourself credit for getting this far and doing so well.

Love Mini xxx

I know it can feel very demoralising but please stay focussed - those scales WILL move for you x

i think its more the fact of tasting something different ya know? i miss food so much! and just a small bit of chicken makes me feel better but there is no way im going to have any carbs im determined to stick to this diet, but just testing the water regarding nibbling on things, but thats why im worried i havnt lost any weight although it isnt like iv eaten a whole chicken lol xxx

I was wondering what damage chewing on celery would do... always loved that stuff. But it's not worth it even if it stops me getting to my goal by just one day!

surely celery is okay though? its only 3 calories a stick, but maybe its carbs?

Hi Jackie - not TOTM this week is it? that would cause you to be retaining extra water this week?

Hi Jackie - not TOTM this week is it? that would cause you to be retaining extra water this week?

hey, nah not totm i finished last week so can't be that. thats why im so confused lol i can't see any reasoning behind it but oh well!! hopefully i will still lose something by wednesday weigh in!

Just keep glugging that water. Although it's nice to see the scales move, you will definately still be losing fat. There's no way you can't be on so few calories.
If you have a low week this week, next week will definately make up for it.:)

thanks everyone for your replys, feel much happier now :) xx

I was wondering what damage chewing on celery would do... always loved that stuff. But it's not worth it even if it stops me getting to my goal by just one day!

Hello,
sorry to butt in but as far as I'm aware chewing celery is fine because strangely enough you burn more calories eating it than it contains..as per my CDC..she turned me into a celery fan after hating the stuff for 38 years..

Good luck and good munch..

xxx

Hiya Jackie

The number of times that I have thought that I haven't lost any weight and then right at the last minute I lose some is not to be sniffed at. I have no idea how, or why this happens but it does, for me anyway. I also get weighed on a Wednesday and have weighed Tuesday mornings and not lost anything, then been weighed by my CDC on Wednesday and lost 3 lbs. It's strange, but I am getting used to it now. Maybe this is what will happen to you?

Get as much water down you as possible between now and Tuesday night and see what happens on Wednesday.

Good luck :)

Hiya Jackie

The number of times that I have thought that I haven't lost any weight and then right at the last minute I lose some is not to be sniffed at. I have no idea how, or why this happens but it does, for me anyway. I also get weighed on a Wednesday and have weighed Tuesday mornings and not lost anything, then been weighed by my CDC on Wednesday and lost 3 lbs. It's strange, but I am getting used to it now. Maybe this is what will happen to you?

Get as much water down you as possible between now and Tuesday night and see what happens on Wednesday.

Good luck :)

makes me feel much better knowing other people have this problem! so thanks for that! yeah i don't think ill weigh myself at home anymore because its depressing seeing the same number every morning, and just wait untill my weigh in. xx

Back