So disappointed that my weight loss has slowed down sooner than I hoped

frankied

Silver Member
I feel frustrated as I have to do more to loose less. I'm still obese and hoped my weight losses would have remained at 2lbs a week as in the beginning 3lbs was normal. I'm having to try so hard and a lot of exercise (to me) to loose a 1lb to 1.5lbs. I'm finding it really hard to stay motivated (I have mental health problems). Is it normal for it slow down this much when I'm still obese? I feel so demotivated realizing it's going to take longer to get to target then it did to get this far.

Has anyone else experienced this and felt the same?

FIrst of all - You have done sooooo well, thats what you need to focus on.
2nd - As long as the weight is coming off thats great - just think 1lb off a week is 52lb = 3 stone 10lb
In the new SW it suggests writing a list of pro's & cons to why we want to loose weight - there are always more pro's - and hopefully that will motivate you to continue x

I'm in the same position, my weight loss has more or less ground to a halt since Easter. I'm still obese and need to lose at least another couple of stone to be a healthy bmi. I think the main thing for me is probably portion size, but I'm not sure. I keep a food diary every day, I measure all my hex's, don't guess syns etc. A while ago I almost came to the conclusion that this diet doesn't really work for me anymore which was a bit sad! However, I'd rather keep chipping away at it very slowly than do something else, so I'm sticking with it and will get there eventually. Hang in there, I'd be thrilled with the losses you're getting so maybe just adjust your expectations slightly and then you won't be so hard on yourself.

A loss is a loss, 1lbs is excellent aand should not be knocked! At least it is comingof and not on so don't be hard on yourself especially if you have MH problems (I do too so know what it is like to have negative attitudes etc)

Did you say you are doing more exercise??? cause if that is the case your weight will slow down but you will notice the difference in inches instead

FIrst of all - You have done sooooo well, thats what you need to focus on.
2nd - As long as the weight is coming off thats great - just think 1lb off a week is 52lb = 3 stone 10lb
In the new SW it suggests writing a list of pro's & cons to why we want to loose weight - there are always more pro's - and hopefully that will motivate you to continue x

Thank you :) I just I just didn't expect it to slow down this much when I still have so much to loose. 52lb is a lot though.:) I think I just didn't expect getting to target would take that long when I've lost 5st in 9 months.

I'm in the same position, my weight loss has more or less ground to a halt since Easter. I'm still obese and need to lose at least another couple of stone to be a healthy bmi. I think the main thing for me is probably portion size, but I'm not sure. I keep a food diary every day, I measure all my hex's, don't guess syns etc. A while ago I almost came to the conclusion that this diet doesn't really work for me anymore which was a bit sad! However, I'd rather keep chipping away at it very slowly than do something else, so I'm sticking with it and will get there eventually. Hang in there, I'd be thrilled with the losses you're getting so maybe just adjust your expectations slightly and then you won't be so hard on yourself.

Thx for your reply :) I agree that I need to lower my expectations. Thank you for sharing your experiences I feel less alone :)

A loss is a loss, 1lbs is excellent aand should not be knocked! At least it is comingof and not on so don't be hard on yourself especially if you have MH problems (I do too so know what it is like to have negative attitudes etc)

Did you say you are doing more exercise??? cause if that is the case your weight will slow down but you will notice the difference in inches instead

I need to be less hard on myself and lower expectations at the moment (due to MH problems) I'm in extreme distress and panic after weigh in, in tears for hours to honest it's become such a stressful and distressing experience everyweek I'm not such I'm up to until I can cope better with it and change my negative attitudes.

I have been doing exercise since near the beginning just slowly increased. So no relation. I'm finding it hard to maintain at the amount I'm doing and even more disheartening when I'm loosing lots less.

Be grateful that your still losing and remember that this is a lifelong journey even when we get to goal. The slower it comes off the more you'll appreciate the results :)

I feel frustrated as I have to do more to loose less. I'm still obese and hoped my weight losses would have remained at 2lbs a week as in the beginning 3lbs was normal. I'm having to try so hard and a lot of exercise (to me) to loose a 1lb to 1.5lbs. I'm finding it really hard to stay motivated (I have mental health problems). Is it normal for it slow down this much when I'm still obese? I feel so demotivated realizing it's going to take longer to get to target then it did to get this far.

Has anyone else experienced this and felt the same?

A lb is a good weight loss if you want to give yourself a boost have you made sure you are still sticking to plan 100%? Go back to the drawing board and really go for it! But at the same time don't put too much pressure on yourself and reward yourself for how far you have come already!

one of the girls at our group is not getting weighed when she comes, not sure how long she's doing it for, but if WI makes you so unhappy is that worth a try? especially if you're demotivated by smaller losses?

have a chat to your C and see what she thinks, you could also try to get weighed at the end of group so your c can support you a bit better without too much other stuff going on. the you can focus on how well you've done with your week and how you feel rather than being distraught with the figures.

good luck xx

Back