So disappointed :(

princesss01

I have been really good all week, been to the gym, refused birthday cake etc etc and weighed in today and gained 1/2lb!!!!! I don't understand why???? It is the time of the month but this doesn't usually make a difference to my weight loss. It doesn't help that my consultant has advised me to have a binge over the weekend and then get back on track!!!!!! Don't get it?????? When someone is upset about an unexpected gain, it doesn't seem right to get this kind of advise because I never cheat!!!! (apart xmas time) The others in group have said the same too because I am nearing my target. What do you guys think? I wouldn't want to go off track because of a 1/2lb gain!!!!

Thanks in advance, Sarah. :cry:

I know a lot of people who have a blowout to get back on track, but I don't think a consultant should be encouraging a "binge"!!!

TOTM may not have shown when you had more weight to lose but may well show now you are close to target. As long as you know you have been 100% on plan then there is no reason for a gain then don't let it spoil things.

Our bodies are strange, we don't all lose weight week in and week out, sometimes they hold onto a bit of fluid for some reason. It's half a pound, it's a big wee!!

I also agree that it can get tougher as you get close to target but a gain like this is more than likely fluid retention due to TOTM.

Stick with it hun. x

Can't understand why your Consultant would advise such a thing - bizarre!! :confused:

TOTM can affect your result though, and it may be that you're so close to target that it has started to affect you.

Do you keep a food diary? If so it might be worthwhile posting it so we can have a look and see if there's anything you might not have noticed, which could have caused this gain.

1/2lb is the most tiny, miniscule gain, and you ought not to worry about it too much. Think of how far you have come, and focus on that rather than one tiny little gain.

follow your own advice, don't binge if you don't feel its right, i dont think it is! 1/2 a pound is nothing and could just be water, stay on track and head for a loss the week after, your going to get nowhere again if you binge just keep positive, who knows your next weigh in could be a big loss!

Seriously some consultants need a kicking! I've gained a few times without knowing why, my food has been fine and i've stuck too it. It just happens, bodies are strange, and it is mostly likely retailing fluid somewhere. Just put it behind you and move on, dwelling on it will only make you feel bad. Chin up :)

I agree, a half pound gain could be due to any number of things such as bloating, constipation, eating too much salt that make you retain fluid, a heavy meal the night before. It is just one of those thing and not worth getting tied up in knots about. There is some evidence that going off plan for a meal/day can give your metabolism a boost (there is thread about it on here somewhere) which may be why your consultant has suggested it.

There is some evidence that going off plan for a meal/day can give your metabolism a boost (there is thread about it on here somewhere) which may be why your consultant has suggested it.

Yep, I can't remember who it is on here, but this is something that works one for one person who posts on here.

Suggesting a "binge" though is quite different from having a meal or day off plan I think. A term that really shouldn't be used by consultants!!!

Maybe you are not eating enough / being too strict with yourself and the consultant thinks that if you eat differently you may get back on track? Only thing I can think of! x

Back