So expensive!!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by jocandoit, 23 November 2011 Social URL.

1. jocandoit

jocandoit Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(13.91%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Guys I really need your help.....I love love love Dukan and would defend it until the cows come home but I need some ideas and tips on how to bring down the price of my shopping!!

Me and hubby are both following the plan, and it is the only one that we have both followed and both been able to stick to and lose on it, but I am really feeling the pinch in the pockets!!

Any tips will be greatly received......the security guard at the local morrisons now greets me with a smile and a pitying look each evening when he sees me raiding the reduced section lol!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mirjam

Mirjam Never Ever Give Up!

Start Weight:
    82kg
    Current Weight:
    76.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    63kg
    Lost(%):
    5.7kg(6.97%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Dukan, CD
  4. jocandoit

jocandoit Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(13.91%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
  5. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    What sort of foods do you buy/eat?
    Frozen stuffs are often cheaper than fresh (thinking fish, prawns and meat).
    Before I go shopping, I check the offers in the brochure (online) and work my list and menus around them. Always stocking up when something is on offer!

Generally cooking from scratch is cheaper than buying packets of ham/bacon/etc. Flavouring your own yoghurts too.

Usually most people find they save money when you factor in the evenings out which don't happen (or involve diet coke!)... and all the extras we used to treat ourselves with!

If people would post offers when they see them on that thread Mirjam helpfully posted, it would help you all.

Last edited: 23 November 2011
  6. Mirjam

Mirjam Never Ever Give Up!

Start Weight:
    82kg
    Current Weight:
    76.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    63kg
    Lost(%):
    5.7kg(6.97%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Dukan, CD
    Also, there's a fab thread on here how to make your own yoghurt. This will save you tons of money as well.

7. trudyc

trudyc Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(18.91%)
    Diet:
    Dukan all the way for me!
    Agree Jocandoit, Dukan is expensive and I haven't worked out how to keep my costs down but I also agree wholeheartedly with Maintainer in the fact that I have saved myself so much money in takeaways and rubbish that I am actually better off. Seriously though think the best thing is to shop around for offers etc if you can. Good luck. xx

8. jocandoit

jocandoit Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(13.91%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I think the main thing I need to do is shop around.......get the bargains from all of the different stores!

We both have such big appetites and this obviously means more food! I am not goingt o give up, we have both done far too well......Thanks for the support!

9. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I do my shopping online and only from the special offer sections, I eat well and often and my food shop comes out at less than 50 every week x I used to spend more than that on one meal out and way more on a night's drinking! x It can be done!

10. shazaram

shazaram Member

i go shopping after 7pm i get so much in the bargain.aisle that way its definitely worth going even if you cant.be bothered x

11. CaledoniaDreaming

CaledoniaDreaming Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Go for in-season veg as well, much cheaper. Also work out a regular lunch that is inexpensive - I have tuna or boiled eggs with vegetable soup most PV lunches now. Soup is great in the winter!

12. skinnyminnycow

skinnyminnycow Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Swap chicken and chicken dishes for Turkey steaks. Cheaper and they fill you up more.

13. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I am that crazy woman who stalks the aisle at the supermarket at 7.30pm just as the reduced sticker comes out....

Have a look at the areas where you may be saving money - i spend much much less on snack foods and eating out than I did before.

Eggs are a very good way of making stuff go further - when I am down to scraps of cooked chicken or the very last of the mince I turn them into a meat omelette.

14. Supertonic

Supertonic Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.81%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Ahaa! Now I know where I met you A..... The bargain aisle is my lurking spot too.
    I try to buy stuff whilst it's on offer, bog off or reduced, and stick in freezer until required. Often good fish or meat is reduced late in the evening and that makes me a good meal the next day.
    I find that less meals out/snacky things/drink also saves money, so it kind of balances out.
    What price your health, though? It's got to be worth it

15. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Plus there is the money I have saved by leaving weighwatchers and never having to buy another diet book or diet aid again!

16. OneTwoFour

OneTwoFour Losing it!

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.53%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'm saving money left, right and centre because I'm not constantly going to the shop to buy treats, the kids aren't getting treats either (which has to be better for them) and I'm not going out for lunch all the time. My bank account is actually in credit!

17. Dgirl

Dgirl Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've found I'm spending less on my groceries on this diet!! Probably saving on all the biscuits, muffins etc - thinking about it I must be saving a fortune on all the cheese I used to buy (strangely I actually haven't missed it on the diet!)

18. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    It's at opening time in my local hypermarket in the country so I'm one of the trolley sprinters at 8.30am on a Saturday morning ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.