So fed up now!!!!! + Food Diary

cjtj

Well I put on another lb this week, taking my weight back up to 10stone 3lbs:sigh: - I’m so annoyed, I had a really good week and I only had about 35syns. I think my major problem is lack of variation in my diet, cause not only am I a vegetarian, I am a very picky vegetarian. :break_diet:
My target weight is 9stone 9lbs and it seems so long since I was there,:wave_cry: but I’m not giving up at all, but its so disheartening when you are doing your best and there is no change at all. I would like to lose 2-3lbs this week and I am gonna do my best- I am writing everything down on here and on my food diary.

So far today:

~ 2 Scan Bran 1syn
~ Vanilla Yogurt Free

~2 Quorn Sausages Free
~Small Wholemeal Roll HEb

~ Hifi Bar HEb

~ 98% Fat Free Sweet Thai Noodles Free

THEN FOR LUNCH IM PLANNING TO HAVE:

~Syn free chips Free
~Baked Beans Free

Hun sorry u r having a hard time at the moment with Sw.Hun could u possibly up your water intake as u have not mentioned it on your food diary and maybe some more fruit and veg that are low glycemic.
Could u possibly be retainig water and be due Totm.
Hope u have a good week hun am sure there will soon be someone along to offer you some more advice.
Take care xxx

Do you need to have all syns in a day....or are you allowed to leave out a few......Its been a few years since I did sw.

I was chatting to a friend who has recently given up on SW due to feeling de-motivated by yo-yo weight loss: lose 1/2lb then gain 1lb. My personal achievements have been poor but I've just bought another 12 week block because if I wasn't made to go and weigh in then I'd just drift into bad habits because no-one was checking up oon me. It helps that I'm in control of shopping and cooking, so DH is dieting too, but is losing weight.

Is it possible you aren't having enough syns? I remember when I used to go to meetings with my mum, my mum never did well because she works night shifts and didn't eat enough, and wouldn't use many syns. The leader suggested she needs 10 a day or her body is thinking it's being starved and is holding on to fat!

Don't know how many syns you've had in the past, up your fruit and veggies too, my old sheets showed the biggest losses when I ate loads of veg in pasta, stir fries etc.

Sejay, you must eat far more fruit and vegetables with Slimming World. Eat lots of free foods which will speed up your weight loss. There are super free foods too - certain vegetables and fruits to give you an extra boost! I guess you are doing the Green plan as a vegetarian. Apart from baked beans do you eat any pulses - red kidney beans, chick peas etc? I used to eat a lot of pulses with rice, pasta and other free foods. In fact I mostly concentrated on these types of foods.

Have you tried looking in the free food list and picking out the fruits vegetables with the SS logo?

Also there is Success Express which you might consider trying.

Lots of variations and options with Slimming World to kickstart your weight loss.

I would definitely make sure you have some syns, it's not necessary to eat all of them but at least have a treat or two a day.

Good luck!!

Have you tried Slimming World online? You get the password from your consultant each week and you can find recipes, a food diary, all sorts of things that might help you. I also remember reading somewhere about needing to eat a lot in order to lose the weight (sounds strange but there you go! :p ) Good luck

Hi there.

I have just come back from my weekly meeting, and there was a lady there with exactly the same problem.

The consultant said that she was not having enouh of her syns (she was having maybe 1/2 a day). My consultant said that we need between 5 and 15, and they were there to be eaten each day.

So it sounds like one of the keys is to make sure you are getting your sysns.

Also, check your book and look for the foos narked with SS. They are really supposed to be able to help with your loss. The ones I know of the top of my head are strawberries, beans and quaorn.

Back