So here I am, again.

Lux

This is approximately my 20th restart...
I have struggled with my weight all my adult life. When I was 19 I weighed 12st 8lb, was a size 14 and felt massive. I joined slimming world and lost nearly 3 stone in about a year and felt fabulous. However 10 years, a stressful career and 2 maternity leaves later (I can't even blame pregnancy because I lost weight during both of mine, it's the time off with cake afterwards I can't handle!), I am now weighing in at 14st 8lb, and I am massive. I don't know my clothes size because I'm still wearing maternity clothes 7 months after having my daughter. Cringe. I've tried all sorts in the last 8 years... Slimming world, Weight Watchers, VLCDs, Slim Fast, Exante (meal replacements), Low Carb, Orlistat... they all work. Some better than others, but obviously the ones which work best require most effort.
So here I am, again. This time I am calorie counting, with a little help from MFP and a few slim fast products because they're easy to count and control. This time I'm not setting goals, because some weight loss is better than no weight loss. This time I am taking time out of family life to go to the gym, even if it's just once a week. This time is the last time.

Hi just wanted to say good luck. Im sure you'll do well with counting calories I find it the easiest option. However I did only start back on Tuesday so not even a week yet haha. Have a good weekend. Cathy x

Thank you Cathy. Hope everything is going well for you. How are you managing to stick to your calorie goal? I've only managed one day on 1,200, I find it really hard, so might up it t 1,700 and lose approx 1lb a week instead of 2.

Hi. I prefer to use about 200/250 for breakfast lunch about 350/400 which leaves me with about 900/1000 for the evening which is my danger time...any I dont use on the day I can bank for any unexpected things like a rogue choc that jumps into my mouth. Thinking of only carrying forward for a week though...probably lose any saved longer than that. X

I started at 1500 a day when I first started CC so that as time went on and the weight loss slowed down I took it down to 1200. I am back again as I have recently gained so trying to stick around 12oo/1300 a day as I don't have too much to lose.
Good Luck with CC - My Fitness Pal is a great way to count cals.

Back