So is xenical, orlistat and alli 3 different types of tabs or just same thing?

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Lol might sound daft but im wondering if they are the same thing? Im on orlistat since 2 weeks ago :) x

They are the same tablet but Alli is half the strength

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks ladies :) understand now :) xx

You could but why pay so much for it if you're eligible to get it from the doctor at prescription price. If you're not eligible to get it from the doctor then you shouldn't double the strength as you don't need it

Yea I'm just thinking from a prescription only point of view if someone was refused orlistat as some doctors just don't agree with things like that then someone could buy alli and double intake. Rules seem a bit messed up x

They are messed up and whether you are prescribed it or not depends on your doctors opinion. But you could double up. But would be costly

Xenical is the brand name for the actual drug which is called orlistat, and Alli is available over the counter because its not as strong im not sure who has the license though. i work for a pharma company im not being a smart ass :D i sell the stuff and now im using it lol

im only on my second day but the detterent of the side effects are enough for me to want to never touch a biscuit again lol hopefully ill be happy with my first weigh in. xxx any tips for me ?

I am also considering buying it. Was looking at xls medical fat binder too but that's more of a suppressant. Think using alli for me will stop me going near food in 1st place invade I have an accident! Good luck x

I used to be on xenical and I had the side effects even in good food days,didn't notice much difference in weight loss, bot to make the side effects worth wile anyway urgh!

Oh really. It's a bit more expensive aswell. Seen on Lloyd website they are doing a web deal on alli x

Back