so let's be realistic

sarahb2

Hiya all,
Do you think I could loose 4 stones in 4 months??? is this realistic or just another dream? I promised myself last year that I would not be a fat as i was last year when the summer holidays came around again.... But hey guess what.... I am. The nice weather has given me a boost or a kick up the ar**e. I'm a big lady so hoping this may happen. we are going camping again to France, done this for the last few years so I know it's not all beach beautifull. however not many fat birds in france !!! Sarah x

It's very unlikely. That's the kind of losses you get on a VLCD not SW

You're best setting a realistic goal and beating it rather than being disappointed. SW average is about half a stone a month so you're safest working on that

You'll no doubt get people posting saying they know people who have lost huge amounts but they're the exception not the rule. An unrealistic goal is more likely to make you fall of the wagon.

You could easily lose half a stone in 2 weeks but then it will slow down to 1-2lb a week, which is what SW recommend. Starlight is right, half a stone a month is about average, so in 4 months - taking into account a quick half stone loss, you will most likely lose UP TO 2.5 stone, I doubt very much it would be 4.

But If you're anything like me, that two and a half stone could make the world of difference to you. After about a week of dieting I suddenly look and feel dead skinny in my own eyes, it's lovely.
It's just enough Of a confidence boost to make me worry a little less about how people see me.
And just think how good you could look by Christmas, when you see people you haven't for ages and everyone's telling you how fab you look!
And you'll still look a little better than last years holiday, enough for people who recognise you to pay compliments too ^.^

i think you already have the answers, i would love it if you could it would certainly give me a boost! or just know of people who have, just have to remember every BODY is different some lose quicker than others it would be unfair to say yes its possible x just keep with the plan have plenty of superfree enjoy your syns and see what happens x :)

I think whatever you lose you will feel much better and more confident for France.

PS. You wont be the only one I will be camping in France this summer;).

it could be possible? might depend how big you are as i think it comes of quicker the bigger you are. I have been on Slimming World for 8 weeks and have lost 2 1/2 stone so far and i am loving the food optimising! i have never been on a diet this long before and i dont plan on stopping its great!

If you are questioning whether it is realistic for you, there is a fair chance it isn't because you wouldn't be questioning your ability to lose that much otherwise.

Aim to lose what you THINK you can lose, if YOU don't think 4 stone is realistic for you then go for something more within your sights. It's all up to you. Losing 4 stone could be a longer term goal. Even losing 1 stone can make all the difference.

My advice - stick to plan 100% for 4 months, weigh and measure everything, syn everything you should and without guessing, no "treat nights" after WI, no "days off".

Do this for 4 months and whatever you do lose, you will know you couldn't have done anything more.

Try to see it as a change of lifestyle not a diet just for four months. What will happen in four months if youve not lost four stone? I know you wanna look good and feel comfy on your hols. As said already you will still probably feel 100 times better to have lost something between now and your holiday be it one stone or more. Take one day at a time and dont worry about deadlines x

I just want to say that last year I didn't think I'd lose fast enough on SW so wasn't determined and cheated almost everyday. Dabbled with low carb, low kcal and now a year later i'm back to slimming world.
Had I stuck to the plan all that time I would've been at target now... but no..i kept searching for something better..something that will make me lose fast.. but I never gave any plan long enough.
Start today and stick to whatever you choose to start and you will see results. If you exercise even twice a week your figure will look better even if you dont lose the full four stones as your shape overall will be slimmer.

My advice - stick to plan 100% for 4 months, weigh and measure everything, syn everything you should and without guessing, no "treat nights" after WI, no "days off".

Do this for 4 months and whatever you do lose, you will know you couldn't have done anything more.

I love your thinking on this Jaylou x

I lost 4 stone in 9 months - started off at around half a stone a month and then slowed down. Good luck ! xxx

I think it depends how much you weight to start with. I was nearly 17 stone, so I have lost 2 stones in 10 weigh ins, so about 2 and a bit months. It's starting to slow now, so I would say I could concievably lose about 3st in 4 months. If you are bigger you could possibly do it, but I agree with others don't push yourself as if you don't do it, and it demotivates you, you could fall off the wagon.

Good luck and we are all here to support you xx

jaylou said:

I completely agree with this, add in some exercise and you will be well on your way!

Hiya,

Well tbh it would be a big ask of anyone to lose that much weight in 4 months although the bigger you are the quicker you tend to lose (due to expending more calories just moving around etc) however even a large man (as men tend to lose weight quicker) like myself (started out at 26st 7lb) would be doing extremely well to lose that much weight in 4 months.

But hey never say never, the more carefully you follow the plan the better you will do so why not set a tough target, at least it will keep you focused.

I have personally set myself a target of losing 4st by June 16th and i started in March but thats only because i go off to a really good start so thought i would set a tough target to keep me focused!

Best of luck though x

This is really good advice and im sure you will be having a fantastic holiday.

But If you're anything like me, that two and a half stone could make the world of difference to you. After about a week of dieting I suddenly look and feel dead skinny in my own eyes, it's lovely.
It's just enough Of a confidence boost to make me worry a little less about how people see me.
And just think how good you could look by Christmas, when you see people you haven't for ages and everyone's telling you how fab you look!
And you'll still look a little better than last years holiday, enough for people who recognise you to pay compliments too ^.^

Such a lovely post and very true. I've only lost 5lb over 3 weeks - but I 'feel' different. My jeans are definitely looser, I'm walking a bit taller, taking care over my make up and so on, exercising every day - only a little 20 minute workout I devised plus walking .. but all these factors combined have boosted my confidence no end. Like the OP I kept doing the calculations wondering how much and how quickly I could lose, what I could weigh on this date and that date and so on, but then second week I lost nothing and was initially devastated until I realised it was going to take as long as it was going to take. There were going to be weeks like that along the way and weeks when I'd do better, but there was no point getting despondent or impatient, no point counting the days and the weeks ahead before I'd even got there, but just take it, like the old song says - one day at a time - keep going, keep sticking to the plan and I will get there one day, just maybe not in three months, or four months or whatever, but eventually. :)

I cant add any more than what others have said - but wish you all in the luck in the world with your goals.

SW is a great eating plan - enjoy the free foods and variety! xxx

Hi I weighed in at 24 st 4 on aug 4th last yr and on 23rd dec i was 19 st. 10. I had 15 syns every day and didnt stray off plan once!

Back