So much information

Twinny

I feel as though I need to take a couple of weeks off work just to get my head around it all - whats free whats not free, what goes with what, this brand is a heb, that ones not

How long did it take you to actually get to grips with it all - I feel as though Im swimming backwards here :D

Just noticed my signature - WOW thats out of date lol!

It shouldn't take too long to get into it, the problem is when you do it's so automatic it's like second nature :p

Been doing it nearly 2 years and also still make the odd mistake. But it will soon be second nature and if there is anything you dont understand, please just post on here. Someone will be able to help I am sure! :)

I would take from it what you can to get you through day by day for now. It will soon become second nature and theres loads of info on here. When i started i just read the parts of the book for extra easy every couple of days and it soon gets stuck in your head.

I think the major mistake i made was i was having golden syrup oat so simples for like 5 month as an healthy extra and they needed to be syned :) although it made no difference to my losses lol.

I think the biggest thing is buying the wrong healthy extras, its so easy to make a mistake.

The best thing that you can do is read your books, like everynight, until it all sticks!! That's what I did. I probably made quite a few mistakes at first lol but it soon becomes second nature like everyone says.

Hi hun

The best thing to do is read your food optimising book and plan some meals from there.
also the official SW website is a great help, I'm on my second week now no although I've done this before im using the site everyday for help, ideas and inspiration..

Ive just been in the site now and noticed a great feature on free foods, it lists ones for the fridge, cupboard, freezer, and even packet foods and tins etc so you may find that really useful.

Check it out here......

http://group.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/optimise-kitchen.aspx

I also have a good read of my book and write down a shopping list of things I want to buy and write down the healthy extras which I know are listed as there's nothing more annoying than buying stuff which you find are not a healthy extra meaning you have to syn them or give them away lol xxx

Check, check then check again! I always 'think' I know a syn value but when I've checked I'm not always right. Sometimes it's to my benefit and sometimes not!

I copied the free & super free items on to one a4 sheet and pinned it on the kitchen cupboard, this made it easier to see what was your 2/3 of a plate or 1/3 of a plate when planning your food on the Ee plan.
When I go shopping and an item is not on the SW app on the phone I use the following method to approximate the syns
20 cal=1 syn this is only a rough guide but better than nothing!
Make a menu sheet for the week and only buy the ingredients that you want, that way you don't buy "rubbish foods" also it makes your food bill stay cheaper.
Stick to the plan and you will soon see the results.
Good Luck.
Pete

Back