So proud of myself!

fat_poppy

I read something on here yesterday that totally changed how I thought about things! I'm such a fussy eater and dislike a lot of things... Funny enough i like all sorts of fatty foods!!

I seen someone on here complaining they don't like cooking and some of the food ur able to eat on SW and someone replied to them saying basically 'if you don't change what you eat and what you like how can you expect to change your shape' and it really clicked and I thought yes ur totally right!

I hate eggs, and like quick fast food with minimal cooking! Well not this time, its a chance this year to eat healthy and stay healthy and that means a huge change for me.... And boy I will do it! So out of my comfort zone today I made an omelette for breakfast. Never made one before and I'm really proud how it turned out... It was really yummy too!! Syn free! Love it!

image-2511735034.jpg

Massive well done.

Don't stop there I find with sw recipes they either work or don't I personally haven't found a one pot stew type recipe I like I'd sooner just have something else. My sister hates any sw recipe that tries to mock a creamy sauce where as I love them.

I make them once if its awful I bin recipe if I love it it goes in my book. Other than salad n breakfasts there's not one main meal I've made twice yet there's so many still to make. :) x

I know there's so so much to cook. My mother lives in Cyprus and so far has lost 6stone with SW she swears by it. She is always sending me recipes and helpful tips just I never put them to use and because I didn't try I never lost weight! Last night I cooked a SW mushy pea curry, was actually not that bad lol. Tonight I'm cooking SW lean beef burgers with sweet potato and salad. I LOVE food and this diet really is for food lovers :) xxx

By the way wilfitskinnyjeans it was you in another tread who really made me think and brought me back to reality lol so thank you xxxx

I know there's so so much to cook. My mother lives in Cyprus and so far has lost 6stone with SW she swears by it. She is always sending me recipes and helpful tips just I never put them to use and because I didn't try I never lost weight! Last night I cooked a SW mushy pea curry, was actually not that bad lol. Tonight I'm cooking SW lean beef burgers with sweet potato and salad. I LOVE food and this diet really is for food lovers :) xxx

Poppy do you like kebabs, I'm the sw kebab pusher this week I'm In love with it.

Home made doner meat it's awesome if you have a food processor takes 3 minutes to prepare then bang it in oven its awesome ww whole meal pitta. Shredded salad n yogurt sauce mmmmmmmm best fake away I've found so far

By the way wilfitskinnyjeans it was you in another tread who really made me think and brought me back to reality lol so thank you xxxx

Oh no I hope I didn't offend you. I do try help but it doesn't always go down well :-/ and anything I say is based on my own past if 's n buts. I've used them all my kitchen is to cold my toddler bed times means I can't cook, I can't afford it, I don't like. All rubbish I'm here now with more money in my pocket. Weighing less n less, not frozen to death in my kitchen, my son helps me prepare my food and it goes to cook as he gets put to bed n ready for when he's down, and if I really can't be arsed I have ready meals "sw home made " in freezer for times I'm lazy. X

I loveeee kebab tell me everything! Lol how do I do it? Xxx

Ill post recipe it's so yummy. Once you have the jar spices/herbs its the cost of the meat n salad I'ts lasted me 1 dinner, 2 lunches and there was still another 2 dinners left next time ill freeze the mix n not cook so much at once.

But I swap lamb for extra lean beef as I cannot get extra lean lamb anywhere and add a lamb stock cube. Tastes of kebab still.

Skip the flour its pointless and makes it free

Rest follow and slice as thinly as u can to get the shaved kebab feeling. I have shredded white cabbage and do fat free natural yoghurt with a spoon of shop value brand mint sauce and a drizzle of water to thin it a bit. Stuff pitta drizzle with dressing n it's yummy syn free
( mint sauce has 1 syn but the amount ull use makes its like 1/8th syn)

That's fab poppy, omelette looks yum too ;)

It's something I always took for granted because I've always loved cooked but it's harder for some than others for all sorts of reasons. If you can, pick up the SW magazine - I find lots of inspiration for new recipes in there and they are a good mix of quick and easy with some more complicated recipes for when you get more confident with cooking. Keep going and you'll find all sorts of new things you like.

Are you starting a food diary? I find mine really useful for keeping me on track. I like to follow diaries too though as I can then help support people too and get a few recipe ideas at the same time! x

Oh no I hope I didn't offend you. I do try help but it doesn't always go down well :-/ and anything I say is based on my own past if 's n buts. I've used them all my kitchen is to cold my toddler bed times means I can't cook, I can't afford it, I don't like. All rubbish I'm here now with more money in my pocket. Weighing less n less, not frozen to death in my kitchen, my son helps me prepare my food and it goes to cook as he gets put to bed n ready for when he's down, and if I really can't be arsed I have ready meals "sw home made " in freezer for times I'm lazy. X

Nooooo you didn't offend me at ALL lol you was being very nice to someone else but just told the truth and I totally related to what you was saying to this person. Made me think omg she's so right :D xxx

That's fab poppy, omelette looks yum too ;)

It's something I always took for granted because I've always loved cooked but it's harder for some than others for all sorts of reasons. If you can, pick up the SW magazine - I find lots of inspiration for new recipes in there and they are a good mix of quick and easy with some more complicated recipes for when you get more confident with cooking. Keep going and you'll find all sorts of new things you like.

Are you starting a food diary? I find mine really useful for keeping me on track. I like to follow diaries too though as I can then help support people too and get a few recipe ideas at the same time! x

Hello :)

Yes I'm keeping a food diary, will have to pick up a SW mag :) hehe! Xxx

Hello :)

Yes I'm keeping a food diary, will have to pick up a SW mag :) hehe! Xxx

Awesome, if you have a diary on here let me know and I'll follow you! xxx

Hey Poppy, omlette looks so good, I bet you were very happy with that. I would agree with willfitskinnyjeans, keep looking at the mags and on this site too, loads of ideas and recipes that get you thinking........yeah I think I'd like that. So you give it a try, if you do you keep it somewhere, or if it doesn't work for you then at least you gave it a shot, there's nothing to lose (but some pounds hopefully) :)

I never used to do recipes from the magazine as I felt they "lacked" something, but then I like alot of spice ;). Well the cowboy hotpot in this month's mag doesn't look that exciting, but I made it last week (in the slow cooker) and it really hit the spot (with extra chilli). Comfort food! A bit like having shepherds pie but with less faff!
I used to hate celery, we had it every sunday at teatime, and my mother, who wasn't an adveturous cook, used to put it in the pressure cooker so it was overdone and the potatoes tasted of it.I decided years ago I would make myself like celery and peppers, and now I love them! Hasn't worked with parsnips tho.
That omelette looks scrummy! You should be proud of yourself!
I think I went to the same school as Willfit! I tend to tell it how it is and it doesn't go down well sometimes.

I never used to do recipes from the magazine as I felt they "lacked" something, but then I like alot of spice ;). Well the cowboy hotpot in this month's mag doesn't look that exciting, but I made it last week (in the slow cooker) and it really hit the spot (with extra chilli). Comfort food! A bit like having shepherds pie but with less faff!
I used to hate celery, we had it every sunday at teatime, and my mother, who wasn't an adveturous cook, used to put it in the pressure cooker so it was overdone and the potatoes tasted of it.I decided years ago I would make myself like celery and peppers, and now I love them! Hasn't worked with parsnips tho.
That omelette looks scrummy! You should be proud of yourself!
I think I went to the same school as Willfit! I tend to tell it how it is and it doesn't go down well sometimes.

Pressure cooking rocks. People don't tend to use them much nowadays. I use that much more than the slow cooker.

I'm like u poppy but just keep telling my self I'm not gonna b this big ever again !!! Gotta get healthy ... I don't make a lot of sw meals either I try but just fail so I just go with easy things ull b surprised at what quick things u can make and still loose weight x

Back