so proud of myself

dani_doot

hey everyone......well ive been low carbing it for 4weeks tomorrow, and i have to admit, i have been very well behaved on this "lifestyle change".
i went into work today, only to see our kitchen table (which is huge) completley filled with sandwiches, cream buns, cakes, crisps and lots of indian food (samosas, onion bhajees etc).
one of my collegues had turned 60 today and she was up from 5am this morning, preparing sandwiches and baking cakes etc. god bless her.

but................ i strangely was not even tempted at all by the food, not one bit. all the ladies kept saying, come on dani get stuck in, but no matter how hard they tried to tempt me i just said, thankyou but im really not hungry.
i cant belive how only 4weeks into this healthy eating, i dont even want the bad food now, i now look at it and think, if i eat that, im not only going to feel guilty, but im not gonna feel good.

ive noticed since eating good, that if i even eat one bar of chocolate etc it will play havoc with my digestive system and lead to some not so nice toilet time. haha.

i feel sooooo good today!! xxx

oh hun, congratulations and how inspiring for others, keep up the good work, are you doing solely atkins?

well done

sue x

hi sue, im actually not doing atkins at all.........im basically doing my own little thing.

im basically doing the southbeach diet, mixed with the diabetic diet, mixed with general healthy eating.

and its working!!! woohooo.hehe
i have tried atkins, but its too restrictive for me, i love my fruit and veg etc. my main problem in my old diet was eating way to much starchy carbs.

Are you doing atkins solely?? how aare you getting on?
xxxx

hi hun,

yes I am, I have insulin resistance type II diabetes so carbs are a no no for me, but like everyone I love them hence the constant battle with weight epecially around my midrift, I've learnt the hard way, I lost 3 stone last year doing lighterlife and stupidly thought I could get away with eating everything but a stone over, I'm again battling. I'm trying to shift this stone by getting into ketosis with atkins then to maintain try something like the doctors diet or south beach.

Ive learnt the hard way, but as long as I lose the stone before dec I'll be happy with that.

sue x

well do on resisting temptation. And well done on finding a plan that suits & works for you.

Back