So ready to throw towel in on this diet

jacqui35

Silver Member
Sorry in advance for moaning but been to get weighed tonight and sts, i no you all be saying yes but at least you didnt put on, but i put my whole weeks menus on here and even started a diet diary of menus and i only ate what i put on it.

Hand on heart i did it 110% this week to give ee a good go and this is what i get a sts and the consultant who wasnt ours was filling in ssaid well if you stuck to it 110% you will lose and i thought she thought i was lying. I just feel so angry and just wanna cry.

Been for tests at doctors in past and nothing showed up as had same problem with ww. I guess im suppose to be fat for rest of life and really feel like quitting

sorry for moan again, had to try and get of chest but didnt work.:mad:

oh no,dont give up hun.ee doesn't work for me at all and going back to doing mainly green days.my weight loss has been so slow compared to what it was last time i was doing sw.
try following red or green and see if that makes a difference to you.
good luck x

It's always difficult when you've got a relief consultant as they don't know you and know how much effort you're putting in. Could you give your normal consultant a call and do a mini image therapy over the phone with her? That might help to get you feeling better about it all.

The relief consultant was kind of right in what she said, that's the line used a lot in training, BUT, sometimes it just doesn't show on the scales for whatever reason. If you stick to it again this week then hopefully you'll see a great weight loss next week when it catches up with you. The danger is that while you feel like this you just think s*d it and reach for the biscuits or something (spoken from experience here i promise!) but if you can get back into the plan now then hopefully you'll have a better week next week!

Do you still keep a food diary? If you don't it might help to see if there is anything that can be picked up from that. I know that even after 9 months and now being a consultant I still need to keep one!

X

Hey hun, please dont give up.
Have you maybe tried success express or spoken to your consultant about fast forward to get things on the move again? x

Jacqui, please don't give up, and don't be sad either ((hugs))
Have a look at my weight loss/gains and I am still as confident as ever.
Apart from one day of going over a little last week I stuck 100% and put on 1.5 pounds!
I have twice STS and another time put on 1.5 pounds and then I stuck to it 100%.
On those times I really did feel like crying as in all my times of doing SW I have never been as determined or tried so hard but I know it works and EE is brilliant so I am continuing and KNOW I will have good losses in the long run, which is what counts!
So please just carry on, you'll do great!

Tafflass, you are doing brilliantly so I don't understand why you say EE is not working for you! If I had those losses i'd be over the moon!
So please just carry on and don't give up, it IS working!

Dont be discouraged! Just keep on going and switch things about. Sometimes all you need is a change, like reduce your syns a day, mix up your HEXs and try a mix of red and green instead of being on EE all the time.

Some good advice. Yes cut back on your syns and up your superfree food intake. Try to make sure you have a breakfast as this will kick-start your metabolism for the day. Try the other plans instead of EE.
Don't get down-hearted, it may show next week. My weight loss worked to a two-week pattern - good loss one week, sts or small loss the next.

OK! Looking at your diary for this last week, you're skipping breakfast sometimes. You're guessing your syns, sometimes. Mayo, is it full fat light extra light? Are you scraping it level on the teaspoon? Ditto with the lurpak? You HAVE to be strict with fats, they soon add up. You're eating alot of bacon. Do you cut the fat off? And you are very light on veg. Sorry Hun but you aren't following the plan 100%.
I used to be like this and say it wasn't working for me, actually I was in denial. You also say that WW's didn't work either?You've been tested and nothings wrong. Then I think you need to get together with your consultant and do a food diary and measure your healthy extras and syns accurately, then you will see the weight come off. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but I would hate you to go on being so unhappy.

I think I am going to be sts when I weigh on Monday too...trying to follow the EE plan and exercising and definitely following the plan 100%, but the weight doesnt want to move for me this week either.
Dont give up though Huni, as you will undo everything that you have achieved so far. Change plans, maybe the EE plan just isnt for you...I dont think it suits me either.
Come on girl! You can do this, just be true to yourself and the weight will come off.

xxx

You CAN do this and it WILL work!

A tip I often give and use myself is to go right back to basics, treat this week like your first week - read your book again, plan your meals and do all the things the girs up there ^ have said.

When following EE, do you fill your plate with a third superfree? I know SW say you don't have to do this, but if I don't, then EE doesn't work for me, I have to have the third superfree to balance it out.

We all have blips, we all STS when we shouldn't - a girl at my group put a pound on the other week, didn't deserve it and we know she follows it strictly, the very next week she lost 6 lb!! Amazing! Our bodies are wierd things.

Go for it this week, don't be disillusioned. xxxx

I agree with Judimac. On EE days you need to up your superfree foods intake, aiming for 1/3 of your plate to be filled with superfree at each meal. A lot of your veg is sweetcorn and peas which are not superfree. Swap those out for superfree veg.

I also notice your fruit is only banana & pineapple with occasional melon. Try adding some more fruit in there as snacks and pick some of the superspeedy fruit like strawberries or raspberries which are lovely and in season now!

Stick with it for another couple of weeks, maybe just doing red & green rather than EE and see how you get on. I'm sure you will have a loss.

xx

as others have said maybe ee isnt working for you. try a green/red week.
also agreeing with others you cant skip breakfast, that was my downfall last time i did the plan. and i swore black was blue it wasnt, yet last week i had brekkie everyday (only fruit and a yoghurt anything else is too heavy in the morning) and i managed a 5lb loss.
So chin up hun, we all have bad weeks.
xxx

Thanks all

:grouphugg:

Hi hun, sorry you are feeling so low about this, but I think Judi is talking a lot of sense here to you. You have to be so in control of the fats and syns on EE weighing and measuring accurately. Don't guess or estimate anything. I have been doing EE and while the weight loss may not be as quick as on the other plans, it DOES WORK and it is a normal way of eating. It may take your body a week or so to adjust to eating the EE way if you have been doing red or green but please hang in there and don't give up. Make sure you fill your plate with at least 1/3 of free veg, cut off all visible fat from meat and count any syns religously such as gravy/sauces. Eat lots of different fruit and veg and don't just stick to the same foods. I would also cut back on the bacon a bit as it can tend to be salty and salt can lead to water retention. Drink like you have never drank before and the weight should start to come off. Just hang in there. xx

OK! Looking at your diary for this last week, you're skipping breakfast sometimes. You're guessing your syns, sometimes. Mayo, is it full fat light extra light? Are you scraping it level on the teaspoon? Ditto with the lurpak? You HAVE to be strict with fats, they soon add up. You're eating alot of bacon. Do you cut the fat off? And you are very light on veg. Sorry Hun but you aren't following the plan 100%.
I used to be like this and say it wasn't working for me, actually I was in denial. You also say that WW's didn't work either?You've been tested and nothings wrong. Then I think you need to get together with your consultant and do a food diary and measure your healthy extras and syns accurately, then you will see the weight come off. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but I would hate you to go on being so unhappy.
I have been feeling the same recently, but am determined not to give up. This last stone has been the hardest of all to shift and I am hoping next week to change my stone number again - but it has been weeks of sts, loose, slight gain to get there. I have to keep going and what you have said is something we all need to do now and again to keep us 100% on plan - thanks for the :asskick:

All good advice for you Jacqui, so please try it and 'don't' give up on the diet, you will regret it I'm sure, good luck to you. X

i agree with the posters who say you need to have more superfree fruit/veg. the last two weeks i haven't been having as many superfree's and though i have been losing it has slowed, and i know i have been 100% on plan but not having 1/3 superfree. Try and do a week of EE with the superfree i'm confident it will shift but you really need to be regimented weigh and measure everything and don't guess syns.

Excellent advice from Judi! I will say though, I HATE it when you've done your best and then have a consultant make a hint to the class that she thinks you are a liar. My (normally nice) consultant did that to me once and I almost walked away because of it. If that's the line from training (as someone suggested) then it should be CHANGED. People may be unlucky, or mistaken about an aspect of the diet, but I'm sure very few lie. My class can't WAIT to confess to their "extras".

Oh and drink LOADS of water!

Hi, Jacqui

Me and you both feeling the same today. I lost 1 pound at the class this morning. My consultant asked "who feels like giving up at this moment?"...I put my hand up and thought she didn't see it, and when she asked why I just started crying.....I couldn't give her an answer. It is that time of the month and could be stress from work, but Im feeling like giving up for about 2 weeks now. Im doing best I can (on a budget) and then someone loses 61/2lbs (while on holiday)....that really pissed me off!

Im feeling a whole lot better after reading all the threads on here today....and Im starting to feel fighting fit again.

Thanks Juliemac for your wisdom.

Excellent advice from Judi! I will say though, I HATE it when you've done your best and then have a consultant make a hint to the class that she thinks you are a liar. My (normally nice) consultant did that to me once and I almost walked away because of it. If that's the line from training (as someone suggested) then it should be CHANGED. People may be unlucky, or mistaken about an aspect of the diet, but I'm sure very few lie. My class can't WAIT to confess to their "extras".

Oh and drink LOADS of water!

^I absolutely agree with this. Any 'consultant' who belittles someone or hints that they may not be telling the truth is someone who shouldn't be a 'consultant,' for my money.

Sometimes you can do it by the book, put your heart into it, and the scales just don't cooperate - sometimes you even gain! But there's so many little factors that can go into what you weigh on a particular day, so it's silly for anyone to hint that a STS implies non-adherence to your eating plan. A STS week is an achievement in itself for anyone who's ever struggled with their weight, after all.

I'm willing to bet you get a very impressive loss next week. In my experience, that's what sometimes happens - your weight plays a kind of delayed catch-up with your efforts and you have to wait an extra week to reap the rewards. But rest assured, those rewards will come!! And if any nasty consultant ever dares to make you feel humbled or dishonest again, I say give the wench a damn good talking-to!

Back