so scared

Hi everyone, i'm not going to lie, I am terrified of my body going into starvation mode if I up my exercise, I exercised like a madman a few years ago, then I stopped for about 2 years and gained weight, then I started this diet and have done no significant exercise due to reading things about starvation mode and people not loosing anything on a calorie deficit combined with exercise. And i'm just at a loss to be honest, I am on step 2 and my consultant says she has clients who are also on this step who go to the gym 5 times a week and still loose 2-3lbs a week. I would have always thought that exercise would speed up weight loss and any added weight on the scale would just be water retention that would go away. Any help? :(

I'm on step one and I go to a cardio class once a week it hasn't affected the ketosis or the weight loss. Do some exercise but drink extra water if you enjoy exercise its worth it for a boost. Try it for a week and if you get results your happy with continue. It's all trial and error and what suits the individual. Don't be scared if you wana do it give it a bash for an hour or two a week :)

Thank you, I was wanting to go a lot more like I used to because I can handle it, I don't know if i've been paying too much attention to people going on about putting my body into shock. I'm trying to get it into my mind that the cambridge diet isn't like a regular low cal diet because i'm getting all my nutrients, but at the same time i'm still concerned i'll end up hindering my progress. My counselor wasn't ever very clear about how beneficial the packs are in comparison to a vlcd with conventional food.

I think people who don't understand Cambridge can be very quick to judge. You get all the nutrients you need you can do moderate exercise without a problem. For me id say I'm having more nutrients and vitamins then ever with the packs, which is benefitting me in so many ways. It's all about you, if you want to exercise, exercise if people think your going to put your body into shock then just shock them back with your amazing weight loss. My motivation is proving everyone I can do this, maybe yours could be similar. Use your consultant and ask the questions you need to Hun :) if you have the energy to exercise do it and if your worried use a ketosis stick after to show you your still in the pink :)

thank you for your support, i'll go ahead and do it :) you know, you come onto diet forums for advice and support not to be rude, I asked about the same thing on myfitnesspal and I was told I was an idiot for being on 800 calories in the first place and that was it

Anytime :) go for it! That's ridiculous! Everyone has to get on there high horse and know best. You do what works for you. I have never been so committed to a diet like I have been to the Cambridge. If it works isn't that all that matters! Stick to here and just go back and post to let them know how great your doing!

Back