So sick of this constant battle...

-Tally-

Silver Member
I began dieting at beginning of January 2011. I lost 97lbs (just under 7 stone) within the year, the first 5 stone came off quite easily within about 7 months, the last 2 stone I really struggled with plateau's and eventually give up. I need to lose about 12 stone, so I was over half way there, but completely lost motivation and can't get it back.

In 2012 I've put back on 5 of the 7 stone lost and I'm now feeling absolutely awful. I literally cannot stop eating. I'm binging every night, even driving out to the garage to buy large bags of crisps, large bags of sweets...I'm binging on white bread...takeaways (something I never ever ate even before beginning the diet in 2011). I just can't seem to get started. I tell myself every weekend I'll start on Monday and it never happens.

The weight has gone back on quite quickly, 5 stone in a year is a lot. All of my clothes are tight and uncomfortable, I've no motivation, I have no energy, am sleeping a lot, can't be bothered doing housework, definitely can't be bothered cooking, it's all such an effort. I work all day and then just binge all night until I feel stuffed and then I get angry with myself. Have just finished off curry, fried rice and chips from the takeaway, 3 slices of white bread and butter, 6 packets of crisps and 2 large cans of energy drink. Now I feel sick and am sitting here crying. I'm so frustrated with myself and I hate it.

I've asked for gastric surgery, I have to do 6 months with the LOSS team before they'll refer me. My appointment is tomorrow and I've cancelled it because I've put on about half a stone since I saw them last and feel bad. My appointment is now for the end of Jan and really need to pull it back, show them I'm committed, but I just can't stop. Am driving myself nuts with it.

Please someone kick my rather large arse into gear. This place kick started me in 2011, so am hoping it can do the same again.

I'm in about the same position. I was 7 stone in August 2010, no December 2012 I'm about 14. My gain has been slower but has occured in exactly the same way. My plan for 2013 is to loose the weight and keep it off for ever!

I know how you feel. I had to look at what was triggering my eating. When I gauge myself it's like I'm punishing myself. You have to realize that you are going to win this battle, you just need to keep reassuring yourself that you are worth the work and that every pound you lose is one more success to add to your list. You haven't lost by gaining the weight back, you've merely had a small set back. Learn to forgive yourself and then you can move on and live a happier life. I know it sounds cheesy but it's true. Big you and skinny you are the same person. You deserve the be happy. You lost under seven stone, but gained back five stone? So technically you are still 2 whole stone lighter than you were when you started your journey. That counts for something!

Have you tried getting a glass jar, and every time you lose a pound you add a gem/ stone or even a pound coin into the jar. It visualizes how much you have to be proud of. Don't focus on how much you haven't done, focus on what you have accomplished so far! So many people haven't been able to do what you have done.

There's no rubbish in my cupboards. I don't buy any crap when I do weekly shopping, it's all veg, quorn, homemade soup ingredients etc. My weakness is then most evenings, because there's nothing "nice" in, I'll drive out to a garage/supermarket and buy crap or buy a takeaway because I can't be bothered cooking. I've made a promise to myself now that I won't drive out to garages or order takeaways and that I'll just cook something, anything...even if it's beans on toast. Gonna go put a quorn mince stew on for tonight's tea and keep myself busy in the mean time. Thank you for the replies, was feeling a bit sorry for myself last night...I'll check that thread out. x

Tally,

What you're feeling is what brought me here. I am in exactly the same boat! Did wonderfully well on Weightwatchers (72 pounds) but have put some of the back since September. I want to lose weight but I just could not be bothered with dieting! I have resolved to kick my arse into gear in 2013. Think I'll go read that tough love thread as well.

Sounds like you might be a bit down generally, if your motivation to do stuff isn't there. Trip to the Doc's?

I can completely relate to this. I lost loads of weight before i got pregnant, only gained 7lbs during, but have gained 4 stone in the 33 months since and was really struggling. I have decided that 2013 WILL be my year. I suffer with back problems because of the epidural so I find exercise a struggle but the wii fit has been great. I don't know if this is the same for everyone but I lay in bed some nights and ask myself over and over why i do it to myself. I've been thinking really hard about the damage its doing to my and (i know it sounds gross) i visualise in my mind what the fat looks like inside my body and in my arteries etc (i have a family history of heart disease). Since then its really put me off eating fatty foods and its getting easier. Best of luck to you hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back