So survived the first day at work

Kezzerbelle

Silver Member
I've not really been on here much the last few days, managed to read a couple of post over the weekend but little time to reply :(

So i started work today. I was really worried, because lunch was provided, meeting new people and yadayadayada anyhooooo. I am pleased to say I took my shake for lunch, was a bit nervous and waited a while for making it up, someone asked what it was. And I just explained, and lipotrim became a hot topic for the hour. for the first time I came up against negative opinions (I have been fortunate to support from friends and family),

Someone said you do realise that this ketosis thing is really dangerous, and you are on the verge of a diabetic coma.

I very calmly just said...I know opinions about this diet are divided, I may not work for some but it does for me. I am monitored and all that. But mainly i got really positive comments. I will be training with the people for 4 weeks i will have another stone off by the time i finish (well i hope anyway)

Sorry i have not been around much to comment on other peoples threads...But as always you are all doing fantastically.

I am off yo read and try and respond to few before i get some shut eye.

Hiya hunnnnnnnnnnn.. I was wondering where you were x x

What is the new job?

As you said you are always going to get negative comments.. STUFF 'EM!! lol
If someone had said that to me about being on the verge of a diabetic coma, i think i would have said "shut up or i will put you in a real one now!" lol

Look after yourself Kerry, and "speak" soon hun x x x

Hiya Kerry, I started my new job last week and no-one has noticed I dont eat yet lol They all order take-out every day and I say no thanks so I think they assume Ive brought something then I wait till they are all eating and I nip to kitchen mix my shake and put it in a mug. I dont want to get into any daft conversations about LT. Tell the numpty who mentioned a coma that there are two kinds of ketosis and the diabetic one is completely different lol xxx

Hiya hunnnnnnnnnnn.. I was wondering where you were x x

What is the new job?

As you said you are always going to get negative comments.. STUFF 'EM!! lol
If someone had said that to me about being on the verge of a diabetic coma, i think i would have said "shut up or i will put you in a real one now!" lol

Look after yourself Kerry, and "speak" soon hun x x x

hahahahaha i actually laughed out loud then...I wish i had thought of saying that. I'll look a bit stupid if I walk in and say that tomorrow!!

I am working for Barclays bank. I'll just be a cashier in branch to start with, but its a good secure job, and I can progress if I choose to as the kids get older.

Good for you hun.. I really hope you enjoy it x x x
I bank with them.. I might see you one day (it's ok, you don't have to resign!! lol) x x

Yupp i had this at college, 'the diet is really dangerous' etc lol really doesnt bother me though because i know its not and its working!! u always get know it alls where ever u go lol

Congrats on the job!!
And if anything this should make you MORE determind now cos you'll prove to them that it's working AND that you are a capable and NOT in a coma hahahaha!!
A coma?!? Ugh some people swear they know everything about everything!
x

Take no bloody notice Kerry....there's always some know-it-all that has to rain on your parade isn't there?

ps - it's usually me:D

Hi Kezzerbelle

Well done on getting through your first day and also getting past the very weird comments...dangerous, coma, ketosis, diabetic...ugh!
Sometimes I wish when people are not educated enough on a subject they would just shut up! :sigh:
Again going back to the LT website quote ; " this formula was developed in the UK by qualified nutritionists and experts in weight management". So you are hardly endangering you health, also it is only available at a pharmacy where you are limited to a weeks supply at a time and monitored! I had to fill in a doc's questionnaire! So there!!
However your job sound mighty fine, enjoy, its nice to be productive and in a enjoyable job. Nice to earn a good wage too. You go gal :superwoman:!!

Back