So this is me

Saturday morning day one after finding a consultant yesterday and getting everything I need. I sit on the sofa this morning with a bottle of water prepared to challenge myself to stick to this until Christmas which is basically 13 weeks away. I weigh in this morning at a disgusting 23 stone 3lbs. I'm 34, female, married with a nine 9 year old son and I'm wondering how it ever got this bad. Oh yes it got this bad because of my constant bad decisions and eating habits along with some serious low self esteem. I have everything I've ever wanted in life apart from the right person looking back at me in the mirror each day, she is someone who I don't recognise, a stranger, a sad shell that I am trapped in desperately trying to get out of. So this is it I kid myself no more that I have the will power at present to do any diet that involves being disciplined around food (for now at least anyway).

I may be the only person that ever reads this thread but that's good enough for me as I think I really need to remind myself why I'm here. I stop and re-read what I've written above and I'm thinking who is this person it can't surely be me, YES IT IS!

I really hope that I can look back on this with pride that it's not the person I am anymore at some point. I've too many people that I can't let down the main one being my son who deserves to have his mother fit, healthy and most importantly alive.

My husband asks me this morning are you starting your diet today or Monday. He says he thinks it will be easier for me to start Monday and I'm thinking "I've got a way out!". Then reality and determination hit, no I cannot put this off a moment longer.

Today is day 1 bring on the weight loss!

Well done on making today day one!! It would have been very easy to put it off till Monday to allow yourself two more days of treats so that is your first victory accomplished!! Brilliant!!
Your first week will be the hardest so be prepared for that but the results at the end of the 7 days will be amazing. After that it does get so much easier I promise.
In moments of weakness just come on here and have a moan - look at people inspirational photos to spur you on. Start taking photos of yourself every week - believe me you will be glad you did in a couple of months as you will be so proud of how far you have come.
Good luck on your journey. Take one step at a time. The more you drink the more you shrink so get that water down you. Xx

Back