So, today I went clothes shopping

karenO

Step away from the chips!
..for a wedding next weekend and i bought a dress in a size 18 :D woohoo! And its not even tight, double woohoo!

And.....drum roll please.....i also fitted nicely into a size 16 skirt from Next :eek: (yeah i know, but i dont care if they cut on the big side cos i cant remember the last time i was able to fit into ANY of their clothes lol)

I'm mightily happy given that i started CD as a size 24/26 :)

It felt very weird though to be shopping in "regular" shops after such a long time. I felt like an imposter and was trying to hide the size on the hangers in case someone laughed & said yeah love in your dreams :eek: I kept waiting for a sales assistant to tap me on the shoulder and say "excuse me madam, are you lost?" lol

Congratulations on the weight loss so far! Know exactly how you feel, seems strange going shopping in 'normal' shops after spending so long having to duck and dive and trying not to be seen going into 'special' shops! Feels great though huh?! :party0049:

Hope you have a fab time at the wedding!

Enjoy it, you've earnt it xxx

karen that is brill. I feel the exact same aswell now i started at size 26 and now is 18 top and 20 bottom its fab. lets enjoy it :)

well done karen,
its a fantastic feeling so it is,and you are right you feel like you shouldnt be in the shop in the 1st place,well we DO belong in there `cos we have worked damn hard to get where we are today,
elaine x

Wooooohooooo! That's the best part, clothes shoping and not having to go to just one shop!

and it must be fab to be able to buy the SMALLEST size in evans. i can't wait, ha. although once you're at a 16 i suppose avoiding evans becomes the norm...

abz xx

Back