So upset- was shouted a nasty name from a passing car

I know how you must feel. 4 years ago I was clinically depressed so much so that I was scared to leave the house. What scared me was people like that. People driving past judging me. I couldn't bear to see car after car of people, I imagined, judging me.

Sometimes someone would beep the horn for whatever reason and I'd almost jump out of my skin I was so nervous. No one has said that to me before though, if they had, then, then I'd probably feel exactly how you do now.

The problem we women face is that we are judged by dicks like that guy based on how nice looking and slim we are. To them, that's all there is to us and they only see us as an object for their amusement. Although, the fact is we are so much smarter than those guys because we have that insight into their behaviour that they do not. They just carry on being dicks with no power of reflection or insight whatsoever. They are a bit dim. So yeh he did say that, the ****, but he's gone now and you are still on your losing weight journey. Don't let his comment eat into your growing self esteem. Choose to be stronger than that.

I know how hurtful comments like that can be, people can be so cruel and heartless and I've never understood it.

I know in the past I've had a good cry over comments made about me and once its out of my system then thats that!

You've lost 2 stone, that is amazing and I bet you feel better in yourself, why would you want to give that up due to some sad act in a car passing by?? He is absolutely nothing to you and never will be! sad acts like that don't deserve time or tears so have a cry and get it out of your system and carry on, You're doing this for YOU no one else.

Listen, people say horrid things, its them that have the problems in life, remember why your doing this, its for yourself...your healthy future, try think positive ... there is always light at the end of the tunnel.... just keep heading towards your goal, x

Couldn't read and run.....
2.5 stone is no easy task, it takes focus, determination and hard work!
Shouting out hurtful comments rake none of the above and he has probably overused his single brain cell for today.

To use a childhood saying, Sticks and Stones! they are only words he means nothing to you don't let his negativity take away your achievement Hun
These people make me soooooo mad!
X

I think i am probably going to repeat what everybody else has already said.
This person has said a flip comment that once said he hasnt given it a second thought, but it has cut deep for you.
Dont let the comment of one knock you down, listen to the voice of many here who support you.
Loosing weight isnt easy, nobody knows that better than us, and 2 1/2 stone is a massive atchievement, dont let this individual ruin that for you.
Turn this into a possitive, let it fire your determination, build your strength, dont give some one like that the oportunity to say it again.
If you need encouragement, support or just some one to listen to a ramble you know everybody is here.

This guy will have forgotten all about you in about 2 minutes, but you haven't forgotten about him - don't make him and his stupid comments that important in your life.

YOU HAVE LOST 2.5 STONES!!! I bet it took a while and lots of hard work, so please don't let this 2 second comment by a complete stranger become more important than all the fantastic work you've done and can still do - be kind to yourself because that's who matters. :D

When I was working in a shop we had lots of mouthy teenagers that would hang around, and shoplift etc, and if I said anything I was called a fat cow.
So one day I answered with a shriek and ran to the mirror and said "But I was skinny when I got up this morning" He looked a bit taken aback and never used the fat comment to me again!

Anyway I heard this yesterday I thought you might like it.

"Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the streetwith a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy."

I would add topless with grey chest hair (ewwwww) and sprouting ears!

"Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the streetwith a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy."

Class!!!!!!!

I can only agree with what everyone has said. I'm just so sorry that hes made you feel so bad when hes the one with the real problem. Dont let his comment beat you.

Its just a shame that we cant all be as obviously perfect as he must think he is

I believe some people get their kicks out of putting other people down! Feel sorry for them, because that almost always means they have got far more serious personal issues of their own which they're probably in complete denial about, and may never resolve. You on the other hand are dealing with yours in an admirable and positive way - and that means you'll get the last laugh one day :)

Just think - How many people who are genuinely happy and well adjusted do you know who go around doing things like this?

i just wanted to add another voice of support I've had it happen to me and was able to deal with it well because my confidence levels were on an even keel and having suffered at times with quite severe anxiety attacks I can only empathise with how you are feeling- the positives are that although it was distressing you've shared it on here as there is nothing more self destructive than keeping it all in and of course it's upsetting- it's amazing to me that one human being could do that to another as i'm sure it's something that we would never do. Stay strong and you may not believe it but that comment speaks volumes about what kind of person they are- not someone you'd bother with - in contrast with having embarked on a journey life is open to you xx

As everyone else has said, 2.5 stone is an amazing achievement! I also wanted to congratulate you on coming through the other difficult times you must have faced recently. The person who abused you will never know how it feels to find satisfaction in improving himself as people like that have no self respect and, as such, do not know how to respect others.

I'm glad you came onto the forum to share this with others and to show how strong you are.

What a complete small brained, ignorant low life that guy is. Folk like that usually have to put others down to make themselves feel better so I would try and forget about the idiot.
You have done superb look at what you have lost so far. Unfortunately there's no magic slim pill that we can take and wake up thin the next day. Its going to take time to get to your goal and you are progressing amazingly so far so do not give up.
I wish you all the best, get down to a gym and kick the crap out of a boxing bag to vent this pain and get some cardio in the works too.

Good luck

Cant really say any more than others have, just to reiterate their comments really. You have done so well to lose so much weight, this "person" is really sad to be doing this to people, and probably a big bully too. Lift your head high and carry on with your weight loss journey, you will get there, he/she will still be a horrible person.

You;ve done amazingly! These horrid people dont know you or anything about you! Trust in you, you knwo what you;ve achieved and also we do to and wow you should be super proud. Also that gaga song is epic and so true, we must feel happy with ourself. To show love we must have self love and those people who call you names obviously have some very deep issues with themselves, and thats it there their issues not yours!

Dont take it personally, really... abuse is more about their insecurities he probably has a really small penis.
Karma hunny maybe he later on drove into a tree lol
xx

Back